New to VT - I'd love some feedback!

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
jay32013

New to VT - I'd love some feedback!

Post by jay32013 »

Hi, I'm Jermaine. Not long got into a Gen 1 3 and have been loving it (oddly enough, my first fwd)

The car I bought already had VT installed so I decided to get some data on the Dyno. Figures weren't as impressive as I had hoped. 295hp/334ftlbs @ the flywheel @ 19psi. Stock turbo.

I have since upgraded the turbo to a mildly uprated K04 with a slightly larger higher flowing compressor & 9b turbine along with better thrust control so it doesn't eat itself alive.

So in short - I've decided to start over. I'm completely new to "load based" tuning so please excuse my ignorance, I'm only used to doing live tuning on MAP based standalones.

I've written a fairly basic tune made out of a combination of multiple base files, along with changes I think work. I have attached the tune below, as well as some normal driving & WOT logs.

I seem to be just shy of requested load values. I believe my maf cal may also be off as I'm running quite a bit leaner on WOT than commanded. The whole maf cal is another thing I need to wrap my head around (and yes I have read the forum thread on it :D)

My mod list is as follows:
- FMIC
- Autotech HPFP
- Catless downpipe & midpipe, 3" dia exhaust
- Grimmspeed BCS
- Uprated K04
- 2.5" hard pipe inlet & K&N typhoon intake/maf housing
Attachments
Basic Data - WOT.csv
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Basic Data - MAF TEST.csv
(36.63 KiB) Downloaded 94 times