rookie doubts

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
PcTor

rookie doubts

Post by PcTor »

First I wanted to apologize for my English. It's horrible and I'm using a translator

I have a Mazda 6 MPS European version with only two modifications. An intake kit and two handmade exhaust lines.

The Engine is completely new (purchased from Mazda) with less than 2000 km.

I have seen that there are many configurations in the lite version. I use 98 octane gasoline. What version would be ideal to install?

Although I translate it, I don't quite understand what it is crackle and pop. is better enabled or disabled?

Thank you and sorry for my questions, which are surely easy for everyone. I'm clumsy

On the other hand I'm afraid to do it myself. I thought I read that the program makes a backup copy before the control unit and that there is no risk of damaging the ecu. Is it like that? Is the program only in English?

Thanks. :beertoast :beertoast
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: rookie doubts

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Does your intake have factory size MAF housing?
Do you still have the factory catalytic converter?
If both answer are YES, you can get these tunes:
Base 93US/98EU Octane High Load
or
Base 93US/98EU Octane High Load with Crackle and Pop

Crackles and pops are sounds that your car makes when unburnt fuel ignites in the exhaust. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up3LUqeM0P0

VersaTuner interface is only in English, but it is very easy to flash a prebuilt tune. Just follow the instructions on the screen, click "Next" multiple times and that's it. A backup will be made automatically and you can always go back to it or try different tunes.
PcTor

Re: rookie doubts

Post by PcTor »

Thank you very much for the information