4.5 BAR Map tuning

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
XaneKCx

4.5 BAR Map tuning

Post by XaneKCx »

So I have a quick question about upgrading MAP sensor to one bigger than stock CS 4.5 BAR

Scalar A - 300
Scalar B 0.328
OS - 20.5

Now I tried to enter these exact values into MAP sensor calibration and it ended up throwing a P2004 code Intake Runner Manifold stuck open…so I took 300 * 0.328 =98.4…I put that into base multiplier and 1 into second multiplier…I hope that correct..my other question is after upgrading does MAP targets(boost target) needs values changed also? Since 4.5 has a higher max PSI output than stock…and there is a section for overboost protection fuel cut…where it seems to be calculated by MAP sensor values…im extremely green when it comes to tuning and I wanna make sure I understand certain things
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: 4.5 BAR Map tuning

Post by mituc »

The 4.5BAR MAP sensor I had from CS needed 360/0.275 and the offset was 19.51. Did they change these values recently?

The MAP sensor change has absolutely no connection with your VTCS error, unless you messed up something when you installed the MAP sensor. So you may need to check those big connectors you may have touched when you pulled the dipstick support. The only error you'd get from an improperly calibrated MAP sensor is BARO versus MAP correlation (I believe that P0069).

Regardless of your MAP sensor, the intake manifold pressure will be measured in the same way, and will have the same values with the same tune (having only the MAP sensor calibration changed). So now the question is what turbo and what aux fuelling you have on the car that would allow for more boost/power? Changing the MAP sensor is just like using a different room thermometer to see the same ambient temperature, it will not make you warm or chill.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
XaneKCx

Re: 4.5 BAR Map tuning

Post by XaneKCx »

If I could figure out how to post a pic of the sensor I’ll post..I used the values etched on it…I’m not planning on running a bigger turbo…mine is actually bad and needs replaced I bought the sensor thinking it was a MAF sensor because when you type MAF sensor in google the CS site pops up with their MAP sensor I bought it by accident not paying attention just wanting a good branded part and not cheaping out…I was chasing a Lean code and ended up fixing it I think with this new MAP sensor i obviously needed…but now I had to figure out how to actually calibrate it and here I am…Ty for the input about my VTMC I thought for sure it was because the way I calibrated my sensor..like I said I’m extremely new to cars and tuning…I do a lot of research before I do anything and with the research I did about Runner valve code I read it could be do to a bad MAP sensor..that’s y I decided to ask here…Ty so much I appreciate u