Greets, and a log

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
meicalnissyen

Greets, and a log

Post by meicalnissyen »

Hey,

So some know me from MSF, My 3 still sits in the backyard, a victim of over modding, and bad luck.

I was lucky, and found a bone stock, but high mileage MS6

It'll be the DD for the forseeable future.

Since Cobb, has become Cobb, and this tune will be much less,..complicated, I thought I would give the VT platform a go

I will quit at internals, AEM intake, TMIC(per Nish), RMM, and mebbe a dreadnaught dif mount

fresh suspension bits to follow

Also, I plan to run 2 gal/tank of M5. I have the internals, and the ITFP was replaced 15K ago.

SO

I've flashed the BASE, 93 with AEM CAI V2.04 tune

Its settled for 10-15 miles, and I have 2 idle logs to glance at, 1 with AC, 1 without

I need to do a bit of reading about VT tables, and wrap my brain around lambda, at least so I'm not constantly retranslating stoich to lam and back again in my head

I like the interface, I like working with a big screen in the car

Not fond of the honkin fuckin huge dongle in front of the brake pedal,.... but that can be mitigated
Attachments
idle log AC on.csv
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Ide log AC off.csv
(9.88 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Greets, and a log

Post by mituc »

Welcome on the VT forum!

So you can always log the AFRs instead of the lambda, it comes in more handy unless you really want to hack the .csv files all the times and multiply the columns by 14.7.

Also, on the main screen in the Settings you can switch between imperial, metric or mixed systems. If you're not happy with the units you can always alter them individually for each logged PID (by example for pressure PIDs such as FRP, MAP, and so on) on the dashboard.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Greets, and a log

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

meicalnissyen wrote:Not fond of the honkin fuckin huge dongle in front of the brake pedal,.... but that can be mitigated
90* adapter/extension cable is what you need. https://www.amazon.com/OBD-II-Extension ... B019GWA5TI or similar.

Or, pop the connector out and swing it out of the way. That's what I did with my MS6.