engine swap have some ping problem

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
KEEPITORIGINAL

engine swap have some ping problem

Post by KEEPITORIGINAL »

hi guys im new to posting logs. i was wondering if some one can tell me what needs to be changed to get rid of the ping. im trying to post log but says extension vtlog is not allowed
Attachments
engine swap Logs.zip
this is an engine swap mazdaspeed6 with mazdaspeed3 engine having ping problem
(119.25 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: engine swap have some ping problem

Post by mituc »

How would you define the ping? Where can we see this ping in this logs, at what line number?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Also, is your car a mazdaspeed3 or 6?
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ok, so you have a mazdaspeed3, or at least this is what the ECU is from. At this point I suggest to make all the required clarifications on your setup, tune, mods, and the actual car.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
KEEPITORIGINAL

Post by KEEPITORIGINAL »

well im almost 100% im getting detonation or spark knock in 1,2,3,4 gear from like 2000rmp to 4000rpm. i thought maybe knock would pick that up but as of right now im not going to drive the car until i get it to a tuner or can fig out to adjust the ignition timing. Im just not sure what table to change, and how many degrees to adjust it by. thanks for the reply. and its a mazdaspeed 6 with a mazda speed 3 swap
Last edited by KEEPITORIGINAL on November 29th, 2016, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Well, in the log you posted you go above 3000rpm in exactly 16 lines out of 3314 and when you did it was in lower gears with the acceleration pedal pushed maybe 1/10.

Get a clear log of it when it happens (I assume you can easily reproduce it), 50 lines max, export it to CSV (there's that icon with "1,2,3,4" at the bottom of the Log section in VT) and post it here.
The log you posted is otherwise clean.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
KEEPITORIGINAL

Post by KEEPITORIGINAL »

Yea I can make the sound with the accelerator. I don't think there is any thing loose. It sounds like a tapping sound and it's only on acceleration. It still has the Ecu from the 6 but a Mazda 3 enging
KEEPITORIGINAL

Post by KEEPITORIGINAL »

im not sure what you measnt by 50 lines max sorry still learning. this is another log i took yesterday.
Attachments
Data log - 2016-11-28 16.22.31.csv
(485.77 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

KEEPITORIGINAL wrote:im not sure what you measnt by 50 lines max sorry still learning. this is another log i took yesterday.
It means that if you know how to reproduce the problem then you push the logging button 5 seconds before and you stop it 5 seconds after the event, not after 15 minutes like in the last log you posted.
Or at least when you post a log you tell people "the event was logged in the first 3rd of the log, after X minutes and about Y seconds after I started logging" so that we don't have to go over your logged parking manoeuvres, minutes of idling at stop lights, and so on, trying to spot something out of the ordinary.

The last log you posted has 7081 lines. Who do you think will spend one hour trying to spot in this huge log something you didn't even describe properly?

So that is pretty much what narrowing the problem within"50 lines max" could mean.
At least this time you went WOT and also went above 3500rpm (WOW!).

What I think happens is that you may have a stuck wastegate actuator arm or the boost controller lines are leaking, not connected or connected incorrectly, or stuck/disconnected wastegate flapper.

One of the most relevant sections of the 7 zillion lines log is between 2390 and 2415 (see? less than 50 lines!) where the wastegate duty cycle is 0 and you're still making a lot of boost.

Between lines 5850 and 5870 (again less than 50 lines!) the wastegate duty cycle didn't even bother raising from 0 and the boost raises up to 19.9PSI where I think you also got a fuel cut.

So now you know where the problem is and you know how the logs you post should look like to help people trying to help you.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
KEEPITORIGINAL

Post by KEEPITORIGINAL »

hey look at little critizism. new to the game just want to learn didnt mean to waste your time. now i understand and you are correct the bcs was hooked up wrong but is fixed. as for the wastegate not opening was most likely because how the boost controler was hooked up. now i understand the 50 lines sorry for the big log. thanks for taking time to look atleast, but after this fix im still getting a claping sound. sounds like a detnation problem or spark. im hoping its just the timing and not the engine itsself that ws swaped.