GT2867R tune help

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
kitleyd

Re: GT2867R tune help

Post by kitleyd »

so I was able to get my waste gate to work properly and I've up the requested load a bit and dropped the values in the bcs base table so that it will will hit the load points without major fluctuations in boost and wgdc... i have noticed though that even with the lower fuel pressure targets the fuel press still spikes just past the point that the relief valve would be opening and then dropping to around bid 1700's. Im not sure what i can can do to stop this but it fluctuates quite rapidly (about 5 or 6 times through a 3rd gear wot pull)... ive also found a 3bar map for a for a good price so I'l have it soon... One other big thing I've notice with the tune change that I've yet to figure out is that when applying throttle from a coast or light load the car seems to hesitate or stubble for a split sec and then picks up again, its most prominent when applying close to 50% or greater pedal position from approx 20% or less. im not sure if its a change in cl op timing or what but it doesn't do it on the toned down version of my original map. curious to see if you have any ideas.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

kitleyd wrote:I've notice with the tune change that I've yet to figure out is that when applying throttle from a coast or light load the car seems to hesitate or stubble for a split sec and then picks up again, its most prominent when applying close to 50% or greater pedal position from approx 20% or less. im not sure if its a change in cl op timing or what but it doesn't do it on the toned down version of my original map. curious to see if you have any ideas.
It may have something to do with the wastegate control. If you can take a log of that happening we can look at it and see what the problem may be. The tune version I've sent doesn't have any cl or ol timing changes compared to your version...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
kitleyd

Post by kitleyd »

NO changes to ignition timing but i did notice the closed loop to open loop transition time was about half, i didn't think it would really make a difference though. i was also curious about vvt timing, i haven't found any good reading on what the retarding the can timing at high rpm actually does ( besides potentially reduce knock) if know more or know where i could read more on it that would be awesome ! :beertoast but I'l take some logs and post asp :burnrubber
kitleyd

Post by kitleyd »

So I've made some progress and still having similar problems. Since i last posted I've changed the wg actuator for one with interchangeable springs. (18lb spring in atm). I've swiched my intake for an htp 3.5" and went to a bosh 3.5 bar map. Im having a had time getting the car to reach load or boost targets still. I have the ebcs tapped right before the tb atm and the turbo spools slow and doesn't reach much past the wg spring pressure even at 100 ebcs dc !!!! Now I've checked all over for leaks and to make sure the wg is working properly. I've tried a different ebcs and no luck. The only thing that helped at all was running the boost sense line for the ebcs post tb right from the intake manifold. But tuning it connected this way was difficult due to boost spikes. Im all out of ideas why im not reaching higher boost/load with it set up this way. For the record im looking for about 2.7 peak load and only seeing between 2.3 -2.5. I've been at it for months
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The EBCS boost source should be as close to the turbo as possible. The silicone boost tube right after the turbo is a good source.

The GTX2867 should spool very fast, almost like the factory K04. Maybe the actuator arm is too long or the flapper inside the wastegate came loose.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP