Question regarding DTC's

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles

Question regarding DTC's

by Tyblat » October 28th, 2017, 6:21 pm

So I have to take my car into the dealer. Its going to get connected to IDS.

My question is this, car has a midpipe, so no cat. Naturally the CEL is on, and it is throwing the code. We all know we can use the software to disable that light. However, what I am REALLY curious about is, does the VersaTuner software just simply turn the light off and nothing more?

If i disable it in versatuner, will the dealer or even if I have a bluetooth adapter with torque on my phone, will I be able to plug it in and still see that code AFTER i've disabled it in Versatuner?

Re: Question regarding DTC's

by Steve @ VersaTune » October 28th, 2017, 8:28 pm

You can read codes with VersaTuner to confirm that the DTC is not showing. The dealer will spot the catless pipe pretty quick though.
Lead tuner

by Tyblat » October 29th, 2017, 11:14 am

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:You can read codes with VersaTuner to confirm that the DTC is not showing. The dealer will spot the catless pipe pretty quick though.

Visually yeah, no question about that. But assuming I disable the DTC in Versatuner, then I check for codes, that particular code should no longer be present, correct? Just making sure I am understanding you correctly haha.

by Steve @ VersaTune » October 29th, 2017, 11:47 am

Reading codes with VT is the same as reading with Mazda IDS. What VT sees is what the dealer will see.
Lead tuner