• Mazda 6 MPS • UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
kevstewart

Re: New uk member - Getting started

Post by kevstewart »

So I would need to get the valet tune, edit to suit my maf then edit the tables for ebcs interrupt mode yeah?

Would I have to take the car for a 20 mile drive prior to an MOT?
Or would it be fine taking it straight to the garage?
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

The BCS DC Base is all zeros in the Valet tune. The point is to have no boost. Don't change it.

Pardon my Yank ignorance, but what is an MOT?
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

MOT = ministry of transport test
A standardised yearly inspection throughout the uk where the vehicle is tested to see if it's safe to drive and is not spewing out undue emissions. Normally involves some fat as fuck balding bloke poking round your car tutting and trying to take you to the cleaners for "essential" work.
Either that or it's slang for a woman's hairy lady parts.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Make sure your MAF Cal is right and drive it for several drive cycles to set the emissions readiness test pass flags in the ECU. If they connect a scanner to the OBD-II port, they will be checking for DTCs and the status of the readiness tests. This is to prevent people from pulling the battery cable to clear codes and rushing to the emissions test to try to pass a sick car.

We will be adding checks for the readiness tests to VersaTuner in the future.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Failed my test today on carbon monoxide too high, could it be because I have not given the ecu enough miles to settle? All they do is stick a sniffer up the exhaust.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Have you removed any Cats? It's probably a good idea to let fuel trims settle for 100 miles or so.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Yeah, I only have the one cat in the downpipe. Apparently it's a yonaka high flow ceramic, maybe I need to take the car for a good blast before testing to get it up to temperature.
The tester did say that the readings were over the place and wouldn't settle on any number really. Maybe this is related to spark plug issues?

Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

CO is caused by incomplete combustion. Could be a weak spark or a bad sensor somewhere. It probably wouldn't hurt to give everything a good once over and run it hard to heat it up.
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Thanks for the info :)
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Could be caused by a rich mixture too. That would point to a possible O2 sensor issue.