• Mazda 6 MPS • UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: • Mazda 6 MPS • UK member

Post by mituc »

I think you should be able to run more timing. I'm running almost as much timing as you do past 5k rpm (1.0-1.3 degrees less) with no meth and even more boost (on pump gas).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Yeah I also thought more timing would be available however in 5th gear I get consistent knock if over 14degree advance... I done 3-4 logs and was at same place each time... Not high numbers, think it was 0.7 or so but I'd rather keep knock to zero if I possibly can.

Virtual dyno shows gains of around 30whp / 10% which I am delighted with to be honest :)

It's only a BNR stage 1 hybrid turbo so I'm happy with power output especially as I'm not exceeding 20psi
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

What meth concentration are you running? 30 meth 70 water? Maybe increasing meth to 40% or running a 50/50 blend will help more. The BAT temperatures look awesome, the air flow values look good as well (even if the MAF cal may need to be touched a bit), it's only your timing that looks a bit low to me.
However, 30whp power increase is still awesome. How much timing were you running when you had 30whp less and how different were the MAF g/s values?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

I'll post up my pre meth log later on when on the computer...
Currently running about 70/30 meth to water by volume which I'm happy with.

I was initially running 50/50 by volume which was not correct way so altered my mix to add more meth.

Thanks for your input :)
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

I have attatched last tune before meth, was on a cold night ~ 6c and peak g/s of 320. peak BAT of 50c. peak timing advance of 11... I recorded quite a bit of KR which led to me purchasing meth kit.

with meth on 16c warmer night BATs now peak 30c timing 13.5 and achieving higher loads with similar boost levels.
I still peak around 20psi which is about this little turbo's limit I think.

I'll add the pics of load tagets old to new also. top end power improved for sure....
all thanks to my tuner - he's done a really good job :beertoast
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
last tune before meth
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Pics of targets added
Attachments
New targets
New targets
image.jpg (209.31 KiB) Viewed 11945 times
Old targets
Old targets
image.jpg (206.01 KiB) Viewed 11945 times