New UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Col

New UK member

Post by Col »

another new member here from the UK MPS Owners' Club saying Hi

looking forward to educating myself on the mysterious art of tuning when my software turns up :twisted:
kevstewart

Re: New UK member

Post by kevstewart »

Welcome aboard :)
Do you have your cable? You have to go tactrix website for a download first....

Sure you'll love it, don't be shy and go for the high load map first off I'd say 8-)
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

kevstewart wrote:Welcome aboard :)
Do you have your cable? You have to go tactrix website for a download first....

Sure you'll love it, don't be shy and go for the high load map first off I'd say 8-)
Good advice, high load and a maf cal then turn everything up a notch!!
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Col

Post by Col »

it's like a home from home on here :D

I've got the Tactrix cable already - so I need to download the drivers from their site first?

and I also have a question about the os on my netbook. it's running XP SP2 - do I need to to install SP3 or should I install windows 7 instead?

it's just a stripped out netbook that's going to be used purely for tuning
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

I use XP SP3 with no problems. Ugnius may be able to say whether there will be any issues with SP2. Give it a go.
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
Col

Post by Col »

well I installed the high load map a couple of days ago and after 50+ miles everything seems to be settling in nicely :biggrin

I haven't been monitoring anything or making any logs yet, but hope to start this weekend if the weather gets a bit better

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole maf calibration thing :?
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

You been for a blast yet? :drive
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Col wrote:well I installed the high load map a couple of days ago and after 50+ miles everything seems to be settling in nicely :biggrin

I haven't been monitoring anything or making any logs yet, but hope to start this weekend if the weather gets a bit better

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole maf calibration thing :?
It's a head blag at first, but once you've done it once it becomes easy. If you're struggling, let us know.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Col

Post by Col »

kevstewart wrote:You been for a blast yet? :drive
I went for a blast last night mate... pretty impressive :jawdrop

it definitely feels better than the Hypertech - power delivery is much more linear and smooth

I like :D