New UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
kevstewart

Re: New UK member

Post by kevstewart »

Are you going to post up some logs over the weekend?

Maf calibration preset to check out your fuel trims.
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
JUT

Post by JUT »

Hi Col, good to hear you like it! Anymore of us MPSOC peeps moving over here? lol
2005 Mazda 6 MPS
BNR Stage 2 Turbo, DNP Manifold, CP-e Safe Seals, Corksport "RAMAIR" FMIC / Intake, 3" TBE, HPFP Internals, Forge BPV, EGR Delete, VTCS Delete, H&R Springs, Blistein B8 Dampers, Whiteline Rear ARB, Tuned with Image
Col

Post by Col »

skiptownmcat wrote: It's a head blag at first, but once you've done it once it becomes easy. If you're struggling, let us know.
thanks mate :thumbup

I'll try and get some logs sorted this weekend guys.

Noob Question - when doing the maf cal logs, is it possible to use the cruise control?

I'm thinking it would be easier to accelerate a fixed amount and hold it just using the steering wheel controls?

or does the position of the accelerator pedal have a bearing on the readings?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

You're looking for steady throttle and load. Cruise varies those to achieve a steady speed.
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

JUT wrote:Hi Col, good to hear you like it! Anymore of us MPSOC peeps moving over here? lol
I've got a feeling there will be loads more! 8-)
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

kevstewart wrote:
JUT wrote:Hi Col, good to hear you like it! Anymore of us MPSOC peeps moving over here? lol
I've got a feeling there will be loads more! 8-)
I'll be able to convince them when I get my map sorted and a dyno sheet produced :woot
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Your surely gonna be producing some nice figures :thumbup

I'm getting frustrated with all this snow, car ain't moved in over a week! :banghead
Really want out for some logs and final maf calibration adjustments... :evil:
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I'm still trying to iron out a few issues, the maf g/s is very wavy up top which I think is hampering things, and I'm still unsure on the DBW throttle table.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

I'm unsure on all the tables but really enjoying it so far... I want to learn but struggle to take it all in. It's too much to take in at first but only gonna get more confident and understand better.
You seem to have taken to it like a fish to water though skip!! :lol:
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I did quite a lot of reading before this was released, it's still harder than I thought though :(