New UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
laxplayermjd

Re: New UK member

Post by laxplayermjd »

ive been reading since i got this car..... 2 years ago haha! Now im just waiting for me to stop being cheap and buy a FMIC then bump everything up.I feel it just way to hot in summer here to go any higher than my 93 tune. Atleast without running meth
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

laxplayermjd wrote:ive been reading since i got this car..... 2 years ago haha! Now im just waiting for me to stop being cheap and buy a FMIC then bump everything up.I feel it just way to hot in summer here to go any higher than my 93 tune. Atleast without running meth
Unfortunately we don't really have that problem in the uk!
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

laxplayermjd wrote:ive been reading since i got this car..... 2 years ago haha! Now im just waiting for me to stop being cheap and buy a FMIC then bump everything up.I feel it just way to hot in summer here to go any higher than my 93 tune. Atleast without running meth
Glad I got TMIC however if I stayed somewhere with hot wearher FMIC would be for the best... Have you priced any of them up yet? If you install it yourself surely not too expensive? 8-)
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
laxplayermjd

Post by laxplayermjd »

i had the cp-e tmic that i sold because i wasnt too impressed with it. Im going to get the cx racing kit, which i had found new for like 400 shipped on ebay the other day but i didnt want to come off the money right now. All others i think are way overpriced, with prolly only minimal gains over the cheaper cx racing one that many use and say is pretty good quality. even with the cheaper kit i could modify and get a bigger better core for still less money. And i do all my own work as im a bmw tech. Next on my list is rear diff mount, its still hard to spend 240 bucks for a stupid mount
JUT

Post by JUT »

I'm going to hit the dyno on Friday as my car is running sweet at the moment and hopefully I have good news!
2005 Mazda 6 MPS
BNR Stage 2 Turbo, DNP Manifold, CP-e Safe Seals, Corksport "RAMAIR" FMIC / Intake, 3" TBE, HPFP Internals, Forge BPV, EGR Delete, VTCS Delete, H&R Springs, Blistein B8 Dampers, Whiteline Rear ARB, Tuned with Image
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Looking forward to your results!! :thumbup
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
Mike Mps

Post by Mike Mps »

well waiting for my versatune at the moment but sold my hypertech yesterday and car is on stock map so idle is normal so turbo is smoking, and got a engine light on it now not happy hopefully when versatune is on all will be back to normal with extra power haha
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Have you tried a bnoon bolt and thicker oil?
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Col

Post by Col »

the weather is a bit nasty today, so I decided to install a stripped out version of XP on my netbook to kill the time

at this rate I don't know when I'll get round to making some logs :(
Mike Mps

Post by Mike Mps »

got both mate but it was fine when i raised idle on hypertech with all 3 haha, i know i can raise idle with VT so should be alright, car is going in on monday to get FMIC and the bloke is a auto spark so getting him to look at what the engine light is on for