Another UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
laxplayermjd

Re: Another UK member

Post by laxplayermjd »

tranceporter wrote:I am getting boost spikes when targeting 2.0 load, especially when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th. Me and Justin have reduced the values in the APP Increase tables for 3rd and 4th gear to near 0.8 (lowest possible), and we are still getting boost spikes. I have attached the logs and the tune. I have done my MAF calibration, and now working on load targeting, so we have not done much with fueling or timing. I currently have only the 2nd catalytic converter on the car (the one behind the turbo has been taken out), and my mods are:

BNR stage 3 turbo
CXracing FMIC
Turbosmart BPV
Grimmspeed EBCS setup in 3 port mode
Autotech HPFP
M2 Performance 3" downpipe, and 2.5" custom catback
1 step colder HKS spark plugs.. thats all of the mods from the top of my head.

Can you guys please take a look? :)
do you have the grimmspeed hooked up to unrestricted boost source?
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

not sure what u mean mate.. its set up in the usual Grimmspeed 3 port mode as mentioned on the website.. on second thoughts.. do i need to lower the wgdc instead of APP increase tables, to reduce the spikes
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Have you modified your BCS DC table to match your logged values? Also, modify the Requested Load Multiplier accel/decel tables to deal with post-shift load spikes.
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

I had reduced the Requested Load Multiplier accel/decel tables for 3rd and 4th gear to near 0.8 (min values) and still getting spikes in 3/4 gear shift. I had not modified BCS DC Base table.. it was the same table in the base Grimmspeed Interrupt tune. Justin and me are working on playing with BCS DC Case table along with Requested Load Multiplier accel/decel tables to see if we can get rid of the boost spikes.
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

Hi,

I am targeting 2.2 load but I am struggling to reach them. When i was targeting 2.1 load, my car was reaching them easily, even in 4th gear at about 18 psi. but now, it makes about 21 psi, with WDGC going up to 51%, and barely makes 2.2 load at about 4500ish rpm. Can you please take a look at my tune and tell me what i am doing wrong? I have attached my logs and the current tune.
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs0601.zip
(35.24 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
SHREYAS - Grimspeed Base 98EU Octane High Load v1.06.zip
(44.78 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Have you re-done your BCS base table to accommodate the new loads?
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

not really. as a matter of interest, what percentages do u increase the wgdc table to match the targeted loads? so if am reaching target load 2.1 with the stock grimmspeed tables (BCS DC Base), and if i want to target 2.2 load now, how much would you push the wgdc, between 3500 to 5000 rpm range?
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Use the general preset log, 4th gear wot from 2.5k. Refer back to your app req load table, where you make your load at a given rpm, look at what wgdc was needed then put that value in the respective column in the BCS base table.
You are probably way under your needed wgdc, the ecu quickly bleeds off too much and your then in overboost.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

cheers mate.. will take a look. its a fine line between reducing wgdc and accel/decel tables so that there are no boost spikes between shifts, and ensuring that the you hit targeted loads under individual gear pulls. its a bit frustrating..lol
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

It's like a 5 sided see-saw!!!