Another UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
tranceporter

Another UK member

Post by tranceporter »

I have been working closely with JUT to start tuning my car. He has been a massive help! :)
Hello to kev, col and skip! I have done my maf calibration, and there is still some room for correction, and I am getting some boost spikes in 2/3/4 gear shifts, but that is probably because I did not let the tune settle down. Will do some more runs tonight and see how it goes. If i continue to get boost spikes, I will just reduce the values in Requested Load Multiplier with APP increase tables for the rev range where it's spiking. I am currently in the load targeting stage, where I am only upping the loads to 2.0, and then i can move on to fueling and timing with your help :) So without further adieu, this is where I am now:

Mods:

BNR Stage 3 turbo
Autotech HPFP
3" downpipe and 2.5" catback
Corksport SRI
CX-Racing FMIC
Grimmspeed EBCS (3 port mode)

I have attached the logs and the last tune i used. Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Shreyas
Attachments
Shreyas - Grimmspeed Interrupt v1.03.zip
(38.91 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
VersaTuner Logs2712.zip
(21.38 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
skiptownmcat

Re: Another UK member

Post by skiptownmcat »

Welcome!! Good to see you on here.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Col

Post by Col »

Hi Mate :wave

Justin is the man - I already owe him about 400 pints :biggrin2
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

i know man, he is awesome! :D Maybe we should contribute and buy him a barrel ;)
And i have attached the new logs as promised. It seems I am still getting boost spikes..
Suggestions please!
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs2812.zip
(30.11 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
JUT

Post by JUT »

:chugbeer :lol I am only passing on what I have lear'nt so far and not an ounce more!

I think the biggest hurdle for most people is the fear of changing something in a table even if they know in theory the effect it will have on their car. I had the same fear but come to realise, with Steve's help and with info throughout this forum ( :thumbup Skip), that if you carry out small changes then run some logs you will soon learn. For me, the most important part is having patience..... I have never been after monster power, just a safely tuned faster car. My car feels heaps better now compared to when a tuner carried out a remap for £600 and did'nt even do a MAF calibration!! :bigeyepop
2005 Mazda 6 MPS
BNR Stage 2 Turbo, DNP Manifold, CP-e Safe Seals, Corksport "RAMAIR" FMIC / Intake, 3" TBE, HPFP Internals, Forge BPV, EGR Delete, VTCS Delete, H&R Springs, Blistein B8 Dampers, Whiteline Rear ARB, Tuned with Image
JUT

Post by JUT »

tranceporter wrote:i know man, he is awesome! :D Maybe we should contribute and buy him a barrel ;)
And i have attached the new logs as promised. It seems I am still getting boost spikes..
Suggestions please!
Oi, I already told you to get that MAF calibration on point and make addjustments to the Requested Load Accel/Decel Adjustment tables :lol:
2005 Mazda 6 MPS
BNR Stage 2 Turbo, DNP Manifold, CP-e Safe Seals, Corksport "RAMAIR" FMIC / Intake, 3" TBE, HPFP Internals, Forge BPV, EGR Delete, VTCS Delete, H&R Springs, Blistein B8 Dampers, Whiteline Rear ARB, Tuned with Image
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

i know.. just being cheeky :P
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Good to see you on here at last!
Justin is the man... Very helpfull guy :beertoast
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
Dougie6488

Post by Dougie6488 »

i have just joined the VT world :cool

so will be looking for some help when i get my software and cable :beertoast :biggrin2
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

I am getting boost spikes when targeting 2.0 load, especially when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th. Me and Justin have reduced the values in the APP Increase tables for 3rd and 4th gear to near 0.8 (lowest possible), and we are still getting boost spikes. I have attached the logs and the tune. I have done my MAF calibration, and now working on load targeting, so we have not done much with fueling or timing. I currently have only the 2nd catalytic converter on the car (the one behind the turbo has been taken out), and my mods are:

BNR stage 3 turbo
CXracing FMIC
Turbosmart BPV
Grimmspeed EBCS setup in 3 port mode
Autotech HPFP
M2 Performance 3" downpipe, and 2.5" custom catback
1 step colder HKS spark plugs.. thats all of the mods from the top of my head.

Can you guys please take a look? :)
Attachments
Grimmspeed 1.06 v1.06.zip
(41.94 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Versatuner Logs 3112 part 1.zip
(44.06 KiB) Downloaded 372 times