UK member

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Dougie6488

Re: UK member

Post by Dougie6488 »

thanks for that guys :)
Dougie6488

Post by Dougie6488 »

well flashed versatune onto my car earlier...

put in a few tunes:
  • open throttle
    high octane tune
    launch control with NLS
my first thoughts are good, car seems a lot more responsive and boost psi has just from around 15psi on full load to 17psi.

didnt really have a good run due to weather but think i will need to make some tweeks later when i understand it more
lincsmps6

Post by lincsmps6 »

You need to remember that once a flash has been done, you need to drive the car steady for a good few miles to allow the ECU to adjust to the new settings.
The car won't feel its best until you have done this, I think 20/30miles of mixed driving is req'd before the ecu is happy again.
When I first flashed my high load map, I thought the car was a little jerky, slightly rough and didn't feel the extra power I was expecting. About 20miles later the car was feeling much better, all smooth again and more powerful. Sounds weird, but its true!
Dougie6488

Post by Dougie6488 »

yeah it feels a little jerky just now esp in 3rd to 4th gear.

done a general performance log tonight to see if things were ok, how does the log look?
Attachments
G.P test 1.zip
(19.61 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

No knock retard at all which is good. Boost is spiking a bit at gear change. What about desired lambda and fuel pressure?
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
Dougie6488

Post by Dougie6488 »

well i have got my fmic and grimmspeed intalled today but still to do the flash for the grimmspeed.

can anyone help me out on what i need to do regarding the grimmspeed flash?
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Just copy the BCS base and BCS load correction table into your tune from the grimspeed one. You will then have to do a few runs to get it dialled in. I take it you're in 3 port mode?
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Dougie6488

Post by Dougie6488 »

yeah will be running in 3 port mode.

also still to fit a catless downpipe and internals.

am i better to just pust standard flash on for GS then do a full re-tweek when i get downpipe fitted :facepalm
Phil MC

Post by Phil MC »

Dougie6488 wrote:yeah will be running in 3 port mode.

also still to fit a catless downpipe and internals.

am i better to just pust standard flash on for GS then do a full re-tweek when i get downpipe fitted :facepalm
Dougie, I'm fitting my grimmspeed today and wondered how exactly you go about copying the BCS table to my existing High Load tune? If in doubt I'll get it fitted then flash the complete base tune for High Load & EBC Interrupt, is this right?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

You can open multiple tunes simultaneously and cut and paste between.