help with WOT Logs

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Col

help with WOT Logs

Post by Col »

Hi Guys - I'm after some advice please

I think my MAF calibration is ok now, but I'm not sure what to do with the 2 WOT logs I was advised to make

I know I'm supposed to be the comparing the actual equivelance ratio with the desired equivelance ratio but then what?

totally lost :cry:

any help would be greatly appreciated :D
Attachments
WOT 2.zip
(19.94 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
WOT 1.zip
(14.61 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
tranceporter

Re: help with WOT Logs

Post by tranceporter »

Subtract actual equivalence ratio from desired equivalence ratio, and add 1 to the difference. Then find out the maf voltage at that point, go to maf table 1, and multiply the difference at that maf voltage.

E.g:

At maf voltage 3.5v, actual equivalence ratio is 0.8 and desired equivalence ratio is 0.7, then difference is 0.1. Adding 1 to it yields 1.1. So go to maf table 1, find the cell for 3.5v or closest, and multiply the g/s value in that cell by 1.1.
Don't forget to copy all values from maf table 1 to maf table 2 after u finish calibrating.

If u have not logged maf voltage, then you can use the maf g/s values... But u should preferably log and use maf voltage to do the calibrations.
Col

Post by Col »

ok thanks for that mate - much clearer :thumbup

I got it into my head that there was a separate table in the tune editor for the WOT data :screwy

well I don't appear to have logged the voltage so I think I'll do the logs again just to be on the safe side

Col
tranceporter

Post by tranceporter »

yup.. maf voltage is better than g/s airflow values, because u can aggravate the afr leanness or richness accidentally when using g/s values. so if your tune is lean by 1% at 200g/s cell value, then we cannot be sure that subtracting 1% from the table will not aggravate the leanness.. hence the voltages are more accurate.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Log several WOT pulls, not just one. The results you get in one log may be altered by various factors.
Then you can simply use de Excel sheet from the MAF CAL thread here: http://www.versatune.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=126 and calculate the multiplication factor as an average rather than just one set of values. Just to make an idea, for my MAF cal I used data gathered in about 25Km of driving (normally driving, town driving, sometimes with the cruise control on, and also WOT in 3rd to 6th). In the end my MAF cal was perfect, next day, same weather conditions, the LTFT's were around 0 - so that's the advantage of using several data sets (I wrote my own application to process that huge amount of logging, but using that excel sheet with 4 values for each MAF voltage will work very very well).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Col

Post by Col »

mituc wrote:I wrote my own application to process that huge amount of logging, but using that excel sheet with 4 values for each MAF voltage will work very very well
being a non computer person, it would be great if there some facility within the Versatuner software to do the MAF cal automatically :cool

i.e. warm the car up, start the program and follow the instructions - after the required number of runs the MAF table is automatically populated and you are then able to reflash

or is that just not possible?
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I want it to make me a brew and walk the dogs as well please!!
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Col

Post by Col »

surely it would only be a few steps more than the cars' ecu is taking anyway...

but like I say... I ain't a computer person ;)
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Col wrote: i.e. warm the car up, start the program and follow the instructions - after the required number of runs the MAF table is automatically populated and you are then able to reflash

or is that just not possible?
It should be possible, yes. My application can send a .csv file into your browser with the new MAF cal. I'll try to write a CGI script to do that and put it on some web server so that everybody can use it. You may still need to change manually a few values to smooth the curve but that's another story, most of the hard work is done automatically.
skiptownmcat wrote:I want it to make me a brew and walk the dogs as well please!!
That can't do. But it can smooth your dogs and replace them with some cats and also give you the possibility to choose between a Scottish cat or a high-flow cat - your choice! :bouncinggrins
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Col

Post by Col »

thank you Mituc - that will be very useful :thumbup