noob from Croatia

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Kevin

noob from Croatia

Post by Kevin »

Yes, there is a folder in ur user directory. So i presume it detects it there and doesnt need to back it up again
Tuned with Image by Image
kish89

Re: noob from Croatia

Post by kish89 »

After flashing VT base map, I got P2610 CEL - ECM/PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Perfomance.
When I delete CEL, it comes again after 2-3 key cycles.
Car is running normal.
On High Load map I didn't get any CELs, where could be a problem?

btw. I have read somewhere that guys with AP also get this CEL sometimes after reflash..
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

It's a bug in the base image that is installed initially. It will not happen when you flash any subsequent tune.
kish89

Post by kish89 »

kish89 wrote:
mituc wrote:LTFT's are always 0 in open loop (WOT or heavy POT - see the CL-OL transition tables to understand when you're in open loop and when still in closed loop).

The ECU logic will tolerate (and "learn") fuel trims up to 20% difference (I think it freaks out at 20% or more and starts cutting fuel or ignition, depending on the situation).
-8% is still fine and since the fuel trims are negative it means that the ECU actually pulls some fuel rather than spraying additional fuel, so you'd rather want your fuel trims on the negative/rich side. As long as you give your ECU enough time to learn the new trims you will be fine.

So take some logs during "decent" driving (meaning closed loop) and do your MAF cal. Your car will feel a lot better after that.

Later edit: I'm going to create a new thread, something like "Share your MAF CAL". If anybody has a decent MAF cal for a specific intake (same intake should work with the same MAF cal on MS3, MS6 or CX7) then share it so this can be a quick starting point for the newcomers. I have the Cobb SRI but hopefully there are going to be people with Corksport and other popular intake options as well.
Great idea :cool

I did two 3rd gear WOT logs with stock(mazda) map, and it seems that I have low Relative throttle position numbers (max 66%).
With High Load map it goes to the maximum 76%.
I noticed that when I put logs in Virtual dyno and got straight line graph (attached pic).
Shouldn't be throttle position always at maximum (76%) when going WOT, where could be a problem, maybe Hypertech modified my stock map somehow?
Logs are attached too.
Now I did VD run with VT base map and still getting shitty graph output, about 170-180whp.
With HighLoad tune I'm getting nice output and about 220-230WHP, where could be a problem?
It is strange that on stock tune power is underrated, but on HighLoad tune I get +40-50WHP..
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

It's not about the numbers, it's about the points of reference. Did you add your weight to the car when generated the dyno graphs in VD?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

And did you use accelerator pedal position instead of throttle position?

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
kish89

Post by kish89 »

Car weight was always same, maybe 20-30kg difference regardless fuel tank.
I'm always using throttle position, and with HighLoad map I get nice graphs and numbers.
Should I use accelerator position?
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

The throttle will close to smooth between req load cells which skews VD plots, if you use app this won't happen .

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe