noob from Croatia

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
kish89

Re: noob from Croatia

Post by kish89 »

mituc wrote:LTFT's are always 0 in open loop (WOT or heavy POT - see the CL-OL transition tables to understand when you're in open loop and when still in closed loop).

The ECU logic will tolerate (and "learn") fuel trims up to 20% difference (I think it freaks out at 20% or more and starts cutting fuel or ignition, depending on the situation).
-8% is still fine and since the fuel trims are negative it means that the ECU actually pulls some fuel rather than spraying additional fuel, so you'd rather want your fuel trims on the negative/rich side. As long as you give your ECU enough time to learn the new trims you will be fine.

So take some logs during "decent" driving (meaning closed loop) and do your MAF cal. Your car will feel a lot better after that.

Later edit: I'm going to create a new thread, something like "Share your MAF CAL". If anybody has a decent MAF cal for a specific intake (same intake should work with the same MAF cal on MS3, MS6 or CX7) then share it so this can be a quick starting point for the newcomers. I have the Cobb SRI but hopefully there are going to be people with Corksport and other popular intake options as well.
Great idea :cool

I did two 3rd gear WOT logs with stock(mazda) map, and it seems that I have low Relative throttle position numbers (max 66%).
With High Load map it goes to the maximum 76%.
I noticed that when I put logs in Virtual dyno and got straight line graph (attached pic).
Shouldn't be throttle position always at maximum (76%) when going WOT, where could be a problem, maybe Hypertech modified my stock map somehow?
Logs are attached too.
Attachments
stockagain.zip
(10.96 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
dyno.jpg
dyno.jpg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 13600 times
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
Tuned with Image by Image
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Throttle position changes to control load, use accelerator position instead.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Your Dyno graphs don't look right.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
kish89

Post by kish89 »

mituc wrote:Your Dyno graphs don't look right.
Yes, I know that...
Stock car dynoed(real dyno) 200WHP, then I installed SRI and Hypertech tune, and I got 180WHP !?
On dyno I tried to change to stock, but still got only 180WHP.
Instead of getting +20WHP I've lost 20WHP.

So, I sold HT and install VT High Load map, VD dynoed 231WHP, and now with stock map VD dynoed 173WHP.
I'm not sure if this is possible, but Hypertech somehow modified my stock map. :swear
If there is some mechanical failure I would not get 231WHP on High Load map....
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Hypertech, just like versatuner, when returning the car to stock it restores the stock tune file in the ECU EPROM.
If I was you I'd really want to check the conditions for all dyno runs. If the dyno shop you're going to do not pay attention to cooling and you make dyno runs with high BAT's then you're actually dyno'ing the stock map high BAT load targets.
Also check for tire pressure, ambient temperature, and so on, especially when comparing uncorrected values.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
kish89

Post by kish89 »

mituc wrote:Hypertech, just like versatuner, when returning the car to stock it restores the stock tune file in the ECU EPROM.
If I was you I'd really want to check the conditions for all dyno runs. If the dyno shop you're going to do not pay attention to cooling and you make dyno runs with high BAT's then you're actually dyno'ing the stock map high BAT load targets.
Also check for tire pressure, ambient temperature, and so on, especially when comparing uncorrected values.
I had some installation problems with Hypertech, and when my stock tune was backed up on HT device, HT support told me to plug device in PC and update it with some modifications they made, so maybe then they messed my stock tune somehow.
Immediatly after flashing with HT tune, car seemed sluggish, so I think that dyno showed real numbers.

Tomorrow I'll try to install VT stock map and see what I will get with VD.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The car may feel sluggish after a reflash (or even after a battery reset) just because it is still learning the fuel trims, wastegate openings in various load conditions, app response, and so on. So don't judge based on what's happening immediately after a reflash/reset, give it some time before you put it on dyno. And this no matter what tune you're running, stock, VT, HT, Ecutek, Piasini, whatever.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
kish89

Post by kish89 »

mituc wrote:The car may feel sluggish after a reflash (or even after a battery reset) just because it is still learning the fuel trims, wastegate openings in various load conditions, app response, and so on. So don't judge based on what's happening immediately after a reflash/reset, give it some time before you put it on dyno. And this no matter what tune you're running, stock, VT, HT, Ecutek, Piasini, whatever.
You didn't understood me.
I know that sluggish behavior is normal after reflash, I'm just telling you that car felt sluggish, actually slow all the time when HT was on car, and when I restored backed up stock map from HT, too.
Today I will flash VT stock map and see what's happens.
Kevin

noob from Croatia

Post by Kevin »

I also had Hypertech on my car, when it was flashed i also made less power than stock....
kish89

Post by kish89 »

Kevin wrote:I also had Hypertech on my car, when it was flashed i also made less power than stock....
Really strange, there are few guys on MSF who also lost some power after HT reflash.

Anyway, I've just reflashed car to VT base map, and it only took 1 minute, not 20-30 minutes as first install...
Is that because VersaTuner detected that I already have stock map backup?
I've used "Install on car" option.