noob from Croatia

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
manselainen

Re: noob from Croatia

Post by manselainen »

I also think that you can have much more, just by increasing load targets. No need to flash US stock tune.
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
kish89

Post by kish89 »

I'm little confused now, lol.
So, stock maps are not interchangeable, but if I for example get stock US tune, and change one single value at some table, then that's not anymore stock map and I can flash it, or I'm totally wrong?

As I said, I'm total noob, sorry for lame questions :)

btw. I think that I'll go with Alex from Stratified Tuning, I see he is doing really good and safe tunes..
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
kish89

Post by kish89 »

mituc wrote:There are a few things to tell about the boost values you're seeing:
1. the stock tune is load based, meaning that in cold weather your car needs to boost less to push the same amount of oxygen into the cylinders and hit the load limits;
2. if you're looking at the boost values in 1st or 2nd gear then keep in mind that the load targets are lower in those gears.

If you're in Croatia then most probably at this time you have around -5C - +5C temperatures, so the explanation for the low boost values is most probably #1.

And yes, in theory if you flash the US Spec map to your car it will make 273PS as well. But you've seen the limitations and shortcomings of the stock tune already, USDM or Euro :)
Yes, it's about 5°C, so maybe that's the reason.
So lower temp's lower boost , higher temp's higher boost, everything depends on load?
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

kish89 wrote:I'm little confused now, lol.
So, stock maps are not interchangeable, but if I for example get stock US tune, and change one single value at some table, then that's not anymore stock map and I can flash it, or I'm totally wrong?

As I said, I'm total noob, sorry for lame questions :)

btw. I think that I'll go with Alex from Stratified Tuning, I see he is doing really good and safe tunes..

You could replicate a stock USDM tune by copying all of the relevant tables. You can not copy the entire ROM as the emissions code is all different due to the different regulatory requirements.

Hope that clarifies things :)
kish89

Post by kish89 »

Oh, I get it now :)
Thanks for explanation!
kish89

Post by kish89 »

Today I have installed Versatune to my car, so stock VT base map for now.
I did some idle logging, and AFR seems kinda strange, usually at 15.xx when A/C-compressor/vent turns on, otherwise about 14.5-14.7.
Yes I know that I need to calibrate my MAF (CS SRI), but still are those AFR numbers "normal"?

Please look at the log.
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(12.31 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

That strange behaviour when the AC/ compressor kicks in is normal.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
kish89

Post by kish89 »

Ok, but what about 14.5-14.7 fluctuation when A/C is off, shouldn't be steady 14.7 normal?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Normal closed loop operation looks like a sine wave oscillating above and below the AFR target. As long as it's staying close, you're ok.
kish89

Post by kish89 »

Great!

I've just tried 98EU high load map, and all I can say is WOW, lol.
I'm still under impression, will post some logs later these days.
Thumbs up!