noob from Croatia

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
kish89

Re: noob from Croatia

Post by kish89 »

Ok, I did two 3rd gear WOT runs, and I have some KR.
Anyone else running unmodified 98EU high load map, do you also have some KR?
Attachments
VTlogs.rar
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
Tuned with Image by Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

You have one degree of ignition retard in the first log and 0.7 in the second. In both situations you were in the turbo spool up period. So nothing to worry about, the kr up to like 1.7 is not dangerous at all and if it occurs in the turbo spool up period is to be expected.

Your logs look good. Run them through virtual dyno and see what you get ;)
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I made the afr slightly richer in the 2-3k range and have no spool up KR.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
kish89

Post by kish89 »

mituc wrote:You have one degree of ignition retard in the first log and 0.7 in the second. In both situations you were in the turbo spool up period. So nothing to worry about, the kr up to like 1.7 is not dangerous at all and if it occurs in the turbo spool up period is to be expected.

Your logs look good. Run them through virtual dyno and see what you get ;)
Ok, great to hear that :)
VD shows 231whp@5652 & 354Nm@4224 with CF 1.09.
While I was stock, at real dyno I got 200whp@4584 & 320Nm@4267 with CF 0.979.
So now I don't really know what to think :(
I should try to load stock map and then Virtual Dyno it...

I have question about flashing stock map.
When I open VT, click Home, then Start, there is an option "Return Car to Stock".
If I choose that, is that "long flashing" which takes about 30 minutes (same procedure when installing VT for first time to car) ?
If so, how can I only flash stock map, that shorter flash which takes about 1-2minutes?

skiptownmcat wrote:I made the afr slightly richer in the 2-3k range and have no spool up KR.
I still didn't open Tune Editor, so this is rocket science for me, lol.
I need to read some tuning manuals first, otherwise i risk zoom zoom boom :banghead
Is there some database where users share their modified tunes, or would you be so kind to send me your tune so I can try it?
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

skiptownmcat wrote:I made the afr slightly richer in the 2-3k range and have no spool up KR.
I pulled 0.2 degrees or timing (which is very small considering that the advance timing values I changed were between 19.8 and 40 or something) and it also seems to have fixed it.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

Kish, you can make "a stock tune" by setting all tables of any tune into stock values. Take the most stock-like ready made tune from VD library and go from there. Select all cells in each table, one table at a time which is in bold (go into first cell and press ctrl-a) and then press that funny symbol which resets all values to stock. Name of table is not bold anymore, neither the numbers. Or, there's actually a button which does that for all tables (especially if you have not made MAF cal). Save onto some different name and flash. You can load the tune you started from again to library if you want (it was replaced in previous procedure).

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
kish89

Post by kish89 »

manselainen wrote:Kish, you can make "a stock tune" by setting all tables of any tune into stock values. Take the most stock-like ready made tune from VD library and go from there. Select all cells in each table, one table at a time which is in bold (go into first cell and press ctrl-a) and then press that funny symbol which resets all values to stock. Name of table is not bold anymore, neither the numbers. Or, there's actually a button which does that for all tables (especially if you have not made MAF cal). Save onto some different name and flash. You can load the tune you started from again to library if you want (it was replaced in previous procedure).
When I go to My Tunes and click "New.." , new map is created, and I assume that all tables are populated with stock values, is that correct?
But what are actually stock values, since on this PC where I have created new map, there is no my stock tune backup, it's on other laptop.
Is that new created stock map actually "VT base map" which flashes to car when I install VersaTune for the first time?
Are there any differences between that "VT base map" and my actual backed up stock map?

Huh, I hope someone understand my question :P
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

Ah, that's the easiest way to make a "stock" tune. I guess nobody knows what's different compared to your original. Maybe Steve could chime in?

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

When you click on New Tune, it starts with all of the tables populated with stock values. This is the same as the initial tune that is installed when VT is initially installed on the car.
kish89

Post by kish89 »

I logged some spirited driving, there are few partial WOTs, and Knock Retard up to 3.53°.
Log is little messy, but yes it seems that all KR happens at turbo spool time.
So can someone give me advice what to do, @mituc, @manselainen ?
Also I got 5.5 KR in first and second gear WOT, didn't logged that, but maybe that's false KR (engine moving-knocking).
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(164.61 KiB) Downloaded 353 times