Base map req'd- 98ron,High Load,SRi/TIP & Grimmspeed Interr

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Phil MC

Base map req'd- 98ron,High Load,SRi/TIP & Grimmspeed Interr

Post by Phil MC »

Does anyone have a base map that I can flash for my 6MPS for 98ron+High Load+SRi+TIP+Grimmspeed Interrupt?

I need to get these items fitted over the next 24hrs and need a base map for this combination. Over the weekend I'll be fitting my decat downpipe and will be getting Alex to custom map that for me, but just need something to allow me to lightly(off-boost) use the car over the next few days pre-downpipe.

Cheers, Phil.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Base map req'd- 98ron,High Load,SRi/TIP & Grimmspeed Int

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

As long as your MAF is not totally out of whack, you can drive off-boost without much concern. What SRI are you installing? Does it have a stock size 2.75" MAF housing? Assuming the MAF is workable, the other big concern with those mods is boost spikes on hard shifts. If you are driving conservatively, you should not see big boost spikes. I'm sure Alex will get you straightened out.
Phil MC

Post by Phil MC »

Cheers Steve. It's the Corksport Sri & tip. So I'd be ok to fit my Grimmspeed then flash the map for high load & Grimmspeed. Do the usual 100 miles or so without WOT, then fit my Corksport goodies and downpipe so long as I drive like a Granny (no boost) I'll be ok for a day or so until I can get Alex's base map flashed as he is a busy man until Monday?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Monitor fuel trims and AFRs. You'll probably be just fine.