What tune to flash with DP and GS EBCS?

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
keridil

What tune to flash with DP and GS EBCS?

Post by keridil »

Hi there,

I'm ready to install my new CorkSport downpipe. Right now I'm using "98EU Octane High Load and GrimmSpeed EBCS Interrupt" tune in my car. I'd checked "98EU Octane High Load with a High Flow Donwpipe" tune and I saw variations in the next tables:

Boost Control -> BCS DC Base Extended
Load Targeting -> BCS DC Adjustment - Load Target Correction
Load Targeting -> Requested Load Multiplier Accel/Decel Adjustment 3rd/4th/5th/6th Gear Normal
Load Targeting -> Requested Load Multiplier Accel/Decel Adjustment 3rd/4th/5th/6th Gear with APP Increase

Former tables are modified in HL HF Downpipe tune and in HL GS EBCS tune, wich one is secure to use? Take in account that is my daily driver and I want to get what my new DP can give me without killing my car.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers.
Last edited by keridil on October 7th, 2012, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: What tune to flash with DP and GS EBCS?

Post by mituc »

I never understood why the VT OTS maps have the accel/decel tables changed. But it may make sense if the load targets are significantly different between consecutive gears.
So you can simply import in your tune everything that refers to boost control (BCS DC table) and the Load Targeting -> BCS DC Base adjustment load target corrections. So basically the two tables you;ve mentioned:
Boost Control -> BCS DC Base Extended
Load Targeting -> BCS DC Adjustment - Load Target Correction

Give the tune a few good drives to settle, take some logs and see what you can improve further.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

The accel/decel tables are typically changed on tunes with downpipes where the turbo spools much more quickly than stock. This is to prevent boost spikes and overshooting the load target.
keridil

Post by keridil »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:The accel/decel tables are typically changed on tunes with downpipes where the turbo spools much more quickly than stock. This is to prevent boost spikes and overshooting the load target.
So Steve wich one should I use? What do you suggest me?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Keep the tun you've got and cut and paste these from the DP tune.

Load Targeting -> Requested Load Multiplier Accel/Decel Adjustment 3rd/4th/5th/6th Gear Normal
Load Targeting -> Requested Load Multiplier Accel/Decel Adjustment 3rd/4th/5th/6th Gear with APP Increase

Also reduce BCS DC Base by 5% or so since you'll need less boost to hit the same load target with the DP installed.
keridil

Post by keridil »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:Keep the tun you've got and cut and paste these from the DP tune.

Also reduce BCS DC Base by 5% or so since you'll need less boost to hit the same load target with the DP installed.
Ok, thanks Steve.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2