first log

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
boberts83

first log

Post by boberts83 »

here is my first log with high load running standard kit. any feed back or advice welcome a ittle baffed still at the mo :? :lol
Attachments
Versa 2.zip
(3.81 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: first log

Post by mituc »

You need to work more on your MAF cal. You're running a bit lean across the entire board. Re-do your maf cal, rethink the load targets after you do that, and if you will be able to keep the same advance timing values up to red line then you should be good. It's weird that your turbo is already maxed out at 217kPa MAP, what elevation are you at?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
boberts83

Post by boberts83 »

if im honest dont really no about elevation! still reading up
was told that i didnt need to do maf cal using standard air box
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I think you can use google maps to see the altitude of your location.
As for the MAF cal, that may differ for various reasons:
1. the MAF cal which comes as default stock MAF cal with the versatuner maps is for the US models. If you're somehwere else or you're using another type of gas for your car (say, you don't have 93Octane/98RON available) that may be a bit different;
2. various minor/undetectable leaks may also have an impact;
3. your MAF is constantly fouled by extra moisture, or dirt, whatever.

I wouldn't have mentioned your MAF cal if I didn't see some pretty significant differences there.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

The stock MAF cal is retained for each platform and region. I'd have to check, but I think they are the same anyway.

Log the barometer to get an idea of your altitude, or at least the affects of your altitude on air density. Sea level is 98 - 101ish kPa depending on weather.

Like mituc said, check for leaks or a dirty MAF sensor.
boberts83

Post by boberts83 »

ok cheacked for leaks and all seem good and also got so electrcal contact cleaner and gave maf a really good blast , so do i now re flash and let car re learn its trims again !
boberts83

Post by boberts83 »

oh and thanks for your help guys much aprciated