WGDC BCS HELP !!

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Ricardo_yen

WGDC BCS HELP !!

Post by Ricardo_yen »

Hi Guys,

So i finally got my Maf Cals to a exceptable range, so ive moved on to the map.

I started of with this map, Base 93/98 High load with high flow DP and because i have the Cobb EBCS, I added the the entire "boost control" section from the Grimmspeed Interrupt Map.

So while tuning the car, it still feels alittle sluggish, taking a while to build up boost,

so heres my questions, :burnrubber

1. The Base map with interrupt mode EBCS, is that designed for a Stock KO4, and is there a difference to the BT, if so what changes ?

2. How do i go about tunning the WGDC correctly ?, method used, and reasoning ?

Also i have zero'd out the load and boost corrections, for when i dont achieve my target, so as to prevent an overboost, overload situation.

Custom GT28/K04 Hybrid, SteedSpeed Exhaust Mani,Cobb EBC,EGR Delete,76 Zorst,DP,FMIC,3" TIP,SRI,DO Wat/Meth Pro,Shortcut,Counterweight,Anchors,HPFP,ITFP,Ptp RV,Diff Brace,Diff Mount,Wishbone,ITV24,DashDaq,3+Spec,Fid Flywheel.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: WGDC BCS HELP !!

Post by mituc »

Ok, so in the email I've sent you I listed these two possible causes:
- too low commanded BCS DC values and there's not enough time for the ECU to adjust the wastegate opening;
- stock absolute limits for boost protection (throttle reduction and fuel cut).

For the first situation it looks like in your case the ECU will actually not adjust the BCS DC. You can go this route but you will have to slowly increase the values in the BCS DC Base table until you reach the desired boost.

When changing the turbo and the EBCS you will have slightly different values both in the correction tables and in the BCS DC tables. If the values in the load correction tables are too high you will feel a wavy pulling. If they are too lo then you will either overboost to the limit of throttle reduction or fuel cut or not boost enough to meet the load target - depending on which side the values form the BCS DC table are.

Stop modifying the boost tables, they are not used.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP