boost issue

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
saint

boost issue

Post by saint »

hi there

pls need some help, i have fitted a gt 28 hybrid same turbo that ricardo yen has. the issue i am having is the car will not hold boost through out the rpm range, nor reach my load target of 2.1. the car will boost to 1.35 as requested reach the load target of 2.1 and then continue to drop. i have done a boost leak test, and the only area that is leaking is from the breather pipe at the top of the tappet cover. i had the pcv valve changed over this weekend, hoping that would solve the problem but still leaking through the breather pipe. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead pls help is really needed
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: boost issue

Post by mituc »

So you guys have the same hardware and the same problem. I'd say to get with your mechanics or turbo supplier and see what the problem is, do a full leak down test, and so on. That assuming that all the parts are connected properly, all gaskets were new when you put the new turbo on, EBCS has good boost and baro/vacuum sources, and so on.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Ah man...
Tuned with Image by Image
Ricardo_yen

Post by Ricardo_yen »

@ Mituc,

Kev, Saint and I have the same turbo, I created the Hybrid, GT28 Compressor Housing and CHRA, KO4 Exhaust Housing,

I'm using the interupt mode setup with a cobb 3 port EBCS, I have no boost leak issues or anything else of concern,

Kev and Saint are using the oem EBC with the same size 0.8 Mig,

If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment,

As for kev and Saint, consider the EBCS, or alternatively back to oem
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The EBCS may be indeed the culprit in this case, however the OEM EBCS should be able to handle this larger turbo if connected properly. There were a lot of big turbo/high boost setups using the stock EBCS up to like 24-25PSI of boost before these new EBCS's hit the market or before people started to use MBC's.

So yes, changing the EBCS may be a significant step further even in fixing the problem or eliminating one possible point of failure.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
saint

Post by saint »

i think i may have found the problem, but wanna run somemore tests, hopefully this weekend. (2 clamps on my fmic setup are damaged, waiting to get new ones).