Loads I should be getting

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
ShakesReaper

Re: Loads I should be getting

Post by ShakesReaper »

I wish we hat better fuel, but 95OCT is our utmost best. Guess the thing to do is go with meth/water injection. Will post new logs as soon as my trims settle. Should be tomorrow.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Or we can start playing with ethanol. Widely available from a few companies and way cheaper than normal fuel.
Tuned with Image by Image
ShakesReaper

Post by ShakesReaper »

I wonder how much extra per tank of fuel that would be?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Could run 10L ethanol with every tank.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

I had a lengthy discussion with Alex at Stratified this week about this very issue. I would like to see some high altitude WOT logs with the general performance preset. What is the typical barometer reading up there? 85 ish kPa??

The high load tune should be OK with the stock HPFP. It was developed on a 100% stock car. It is at the limits of what a typical stock HPFP can deliver though.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Where we stay its 85kpa. I can do some logs if u want steve. I currently have stock induction installed with full 3" dp + decatted exhaust and running D03 wmi
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I command 1.85 mad and hit close to 1.6 with stock induction
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

At that altitude a full 3" intake may be of a great help. If SURE made an airbox for their intakes I'd consider one as well.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It does help but the velocity of the air kinda screws us in the end. Dont know of its just me but with my full
3" system i was hitting the same loads as with the oem intake. This is because im only able to hit around 4.1V compared to the 4.36V with the airbox. I know engine bay temps play a big role here aswell. The tmic at altitude with a sri really does not work very well. It works but the heatsoak is just 2much imho. So best would be to get the engine bay temps cooler for lower IAT's. More g/s = more engine load
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Another thing that weve noticed in South Africa is that ignition timing helps alot at altitude. Id rather request less engine load and advance ignition timing a bit while richening up the afr ratio aswell. But thats just me
Last edited by Kevin on January 21st, 2013, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.