LTFT +20 HELP FIND THE ISSUE.

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Ricardo_yen

LTFT +20 HELP FIND THE ISSUE.

Post by Ricardo_yen »

:banghead currently doing a maf cal. And I found an issue. My LTFT where too high indicating a boost leak of some sort. So I began looking for the issue.

1. During idle my ltft are positive. During maf and normal driving +ive double digit LTFT. At wot my afrs are rich.
So deduction thus far. A vacuum leak would give me positive trims. At wot vacum becomes boost and cause a leak with rich afrs. So after read ms forum threads I deduced it could be the purge valve.

At first my STFT where 25, did a purge valve bypass and blocked off the nipple to the manifold....reset ecu. Idle showed the stft at 25 ltft at 0.... 6 mins later ltft at 20. Stft at -1 to 2..... ok moving on....

60 kms later.... ltft from idle to 3000 rpm are 20 and 17 for balance of rpm.

Now Im not sure what else to look for. Did a boost leak test revealed a small pin hole leak from egr block off. Sorted that Pressure to 15 psi is realised very slow.

The intake manifold has never been tampered with or removed.... the downpipe before the 1st O2 sensor has visually no leaks and no exhaust soot. .... not sure where to look are what to do now....

Plz advise on what else could be the issue.....
I
Kevin

Re: LTFT +20 HELP FIND THE ISSUE.

Post by Kevin »

Hey Rix, sounds hectic bud. This might sound very stupid to some but have a look at ur boost gauge at idle. A lower / higher reading than normal will indicate various issues. I think i sent everyone an email about it a few months ago.

As far as i can gather, the issue should be after the maf and pre o2 sensor.

Hope u get it sorted bud

Smackin a GTI while on my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuned with Image by Image
Ricardo_yen

Re: LTFT +20 HELP FIND THE ISSUE.

Post by Ricardo_yen »

Hi Kev,

Ok alsmost right but not quite.... I know theres an issue, but what or where is the litlle gremlin Ba5tard !!

it can only be.
1) post MAF to turbo inlet
2) Vacuum leak on the lines
3) intake manifold Vacuum leak
4) leak between turbo and DP

What am I missing ??

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead