Possible new user

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Yilld

Possible new user

Post by Yilld »

Hi guys,
I recently got a 6 MPS with 170tkms on the clock which is completely standard except a remus muffler.
What I don't like is the fan only getting active at 103°C.
So i thought I would get versatune and change the fan on map (and additionally while at it I would load the Base 93/98 map).
Now I've read in a post from two years ago that the fan on map does not have any effect. Is this still the case?
Thanks
Andy
Speed6, Versatuner, Remus Catback, Damond RMM, JBR TIP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Possible new user

Post by mituc »

At 104C the fan should start blowing faster. I think it should start blowing around 94C.
On Mazdaspeed6/6MPS the fan programming routine in the ECU should work. But if you purchase versatuner only for this it doesn't make sense.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Yilld

Post by Yilld »

My fan does not start at all until 103°C and I've read somewhere that this is normal (or is it only for mazdaspeeds normal and not for a MPS?)
I know that just an auxiliary fan controller would be cheaper, but I like to keep a clean engine bay. That was my initial tought in getting the software. Adding the Base tune and my interest in how the engine management works I think it would make sense?
Thanks, Andy
Speed6, Versatuner, Remus Catback, Damond RMM, JBR TIP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I checked versatuner and indeed 102C is the temperature threshold above which the fans will start. So 103C sounds about right but it can be edited in the tune for the 6'es...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP