Some noobs questions

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
MiPil

Re: Some noobs questions

Post by MiPil »

Hello,

can I ask for a check my map?

It's my first map - please don't stone me for a mistakes. I'll be happy for every comment, idea or warning..

In Logs are some Knock - its values below 2°problem? Knock is visible only in long time high load state - WOTs for 3rd,4th and 5th gear consecutively.

Car mods:
- Short intake 2,7"
- Silicone Turbo Inlet hose
- Turbosmart Dualport Kompakt - in 100% recirculation mode
- fully open rear mufflers
- stock cats
- stock HPFP

Fuel:
Benzina (Orlen) verva100 - 100 Octans; E10 class, with ETBE

Thank you very much
Mipil
Attachments
Mipil v1.00.vtune
(130.67 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Mipil_v1.00_2.csv
(15.33 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Mipil_v1.00_1.csv
(20.79 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
2006 MS6 - BNR S4, FMIC, BigBrakes
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Looks fine, it's entirely based on an OTS tune with a few enhancements so I can see no problem.
Logs also look fine. However, with a completely stock engine you should avoid doing back to back WOT pulls in this hot weather. Even if they are 3rd gear pulls 15 seconds between them is not enough to cool the pistons down. With a stock exhaust there is going to be a lot of heat on the exhaust side because the engine needs more effort to evacuate and push against the exhaust backpressure. therefore if you intend to track the car as is I recommend targeting for stock load values with more timing instead of going with more boost and stock-ish timing values.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
MiPil

Post by MiPil »

Hello Mituc,
I use the car as a ,,weekend car" and sometime for a trackdays. I thought the knock is caused by piston and combustion chamber overheating, but I didn't think about impact of exhaust backpressure. Thank you for the explanation.
Stock (or near stock) load values and agressive timing are a solution for trackdays use.
This piston overheating is problem only for knock, or this temperature can directly damage piston rings?
How much effect have a second cat? It's worth giving only the racepipe, or the racepipe is waste of money?
Mipil
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I checked your logs and you don't really have damaging-level knock. Most of the knock retard values above 1 occurred when you let off the acceleration and that's usually mechanical noise.
In respect to the exhaust modifications I'd do both the downpipe and test pipe. 200 cells EURO4 compliant sport cats will work just fine with 3"/76mm tubing.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
MiPil

Post by MiPil »

Hello all (specially for Mituc) :-),
I found a small mystery for me - table BCS DC Adjustment - Load Target Correction - Incremental.

When I have a too small or too big load, ecu change the wgdc during table BCS DC Adjustment - Load Target Correction - Initial. I checked some tests and it works fine. But the incremental table is mystery for me - how ecu use this table?
I would expect the addition incremental value to initial, but how often? Or its value for long time ,,learning" ecu?

Thank you for answer.
MiPil
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The initial table is applied first CPU/ECU cycle when it detects a deviation. The incremental table is then applied every cycle there's still a deviation, and the correction amount is based on the deviation value.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
MiPil

Post by MiPil »

How is frequency a cycles in ECU in MS6? I was looking for the value for OL and CL and i did not find the result. Only approximately value - only for idea..
Second parametr is ,,ticks" (in OL/CL translation tables). How long is ,,one tick"?

Thank you
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

A tick is usually dependent on the CPU architecture and frequency. Maybe Ugnius can shed some light on this, but usually the safe assumption is that a tick is quick enough relatively to a combustion cycle.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
MiPil

Post by MiPil »

Hi all,
at first - ,,tick" is not definied, ,,cycle" is one program loop in ECU - in OL cca 200-1000loops in 1 second. - info from Ugnius

And (as ussually) one question: is normally HPFP pressure up to 14000kpa in redline with autotech internals? Log attached. :-)
Attachments
hpfp_log.csv
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The fuel rail pressure may jump to the maximum the sensor reads (which is about 140BAR/2050PSI or so) when you suddenly let off the acceleration pedal and the gas in the rail needs some time before it escapes through the PRV.
That happens more with upgraded pump internals because those move a lot more volume per cycle than the OEM. That is one of the reasons why I recommend keeping the fuel rail pressure targets to stock with aftermarket internals, because the actual fuel rail pressures will be 5-8% higher anyway and if you command fuel rail pressures close to the value where the pressure relief valve opens you may stress it quite a lot and will eventually fail.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7