question in regards to versa versions

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
afunke8378

question in regards to versa versions

Post by afunke8378 »

so my tuner and myself started tweaking an old tune for my vehicle. i was curious if the version of versa we base our tunes off of make a difference in the final product or all the old tunes automatically converted to the most recent versions of versa when modifying for the specific vehicle?
07 MS6 Grand Touring
2.5 block HX35 macs ebcs 3inch dp, magnaflow exhaust,fidanza flywheel, bsd,3.5 intake egr delete, custom fmic forge bpv

Tuned with Image by Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: question in regards to versa versions

Post by mituc »

When you import an older tune in a newer version of Versatuner ideally you should change something, save the tune, and then undo the change and save it again. This way the tune format inside the internal Versatuner database is updated to the latest version and you will be able to compare it with existing newer tunes (otherwise depending on how old it is and how old the actual format is the tune may not appear in the Compare list, and also display weird/unrealistic values when you compare that specific tune with a"stock" tune).

However the tune logic of the tune will not change.
Trying to flash a tune exported from an older version of Versatuner will work just fine since all the binary data that is actually written into the ECU memory is generated on the fly from the existing tables. However it's best to update the tune format as stated above just because if the older version of the VT that tune was exported from did not expose some of the tables the current version has, those tables will be taken from the stock tune and as I said I've seen weird issues with the defaults occasionally.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP