Mazdaspeed 6 Highly modified startup

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Mazdaspeed6

Mazdaspeed 6 Highly modified startup

Post by Mazdaspeed6 »

So quick fast and in a hurry so I don't waste anyone's time, I am trying to figure out a issue that I can't seem to solve and finally get to start my 6 up. It has.... New pistons, Rods, Keyed Crank, Big turbo, Front mount, 74mm throttle body, ST intake, Ported and polished head with deletes done, Balance delete, ARP everything, split port injection (currently not a part of the equation), 3.5 JBR intake, 4 port boost controller, and I know I am forgetting a lot. OK so here is my issue, I crank it and it fires for a second or so then seemingly runs out of fuel? Oh yes more mods, HPFP and High flow inline pump upgrade... Anyways I bumped up the cold start fueling for the obviously higher air flow and the deleted intake junk. It just didn't seem to help... What am I missing.... I am sure its something stupid but I am in the middle of brain fog from all the work just to get it to this point.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Mazdaspeed 6 Highly modified startup

Post by mituc »

Post a log.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Mazdaspeed6

Post by Mazdaspeed6 »

I will try to grab one, just wiring up a few gauges to see if I can spot the issue.
Mazdaspeed6

Post by Mazdaspeed6 »

Here is a log with two attempts... Hope that helps....
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(6.87 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Can you please add some common and very useful parameters in this situation such as engine RPM, short term fuel trims,engine load, mass air flow sensor voltage, and take another log? With the params you logged we can barely see when the engine was on and off.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
OMISPEED3

Post by OMISPEED3 »

Assuming everything went well on your build. I wanted to ask, what size intake are you running 3", 3.5" or 4" ?
If running bigger intake, did you do the MAF scaling/calibration?
Tuned with Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

OMISPEED3 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 8:43 am If running bigger intake, did you do the MAF scaling/calibration?
If you change the intake with a larger one there is absolutely no way around recalibrating the MAF. This simply needs to be done.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
OMISPEED3

Post by OMISPEED3 »

mituc wrote: February 12th, 2022, 3:34 pm
OMISPEED3 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 8:43 am If running bigger intake, did you do the MAF scaling/calibration?
If you change the intake with a larger one there is absolutely no way around recalibrating the MAF. This simply needs to be done.
I know that but a MAF not properly calibrated could create a similar issue, that's the reason I asked him.
Tuned with Image
Mazdaspeed6

Post by Mazdaspeed6 »

Ok, sorry things have been busy and it took so long. Here is a new one with requested items. Also it is a 4" intake.
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs2.zip
(8.34 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Mazdaspeed6

Post by Mazdaspeed6 »

Also, I was finally able to get it to run ish but I had a play with the throttle and it smelled really really rich. I couldn't get it to duplicate that during my recording however.
Last edited by Mazdaspeed6 on April 10th, 2022, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.