Having problems any sugestions??' NO boost

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Belo1301

Having problems any sugestions??' NO boost

Post by Belo1301 »

I kinda lost my boost somewhere hahah i was driving my car normali and without a warning without a noise i presed the gas and nothing happend no boost.
I have the high load pops and bang tune on it .
My theory is that the cat got distroyed and cluged up the second one and there isnt enough airflow for the turbo to spool up .
My car got a lot quieter like somebody put my mufflers back in 2 sec while i was driving
Here is a log from today i was going full throtle but the max is 73% max boost is 1 psi hahah and the load is never above 0.7 .
Any ideas no DTC no check engine like no nothing.
Attachments
StockCar-6MPS-monitoring3 - 2022-04-16 15.53.17.csv
(193.29 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Having problems any sugestions??' NO boost

Post by mituc »

Your theory may be correct, it fits the symptoms.
However, because the factory tune (and the OTS tunes are based on it) compensates quite a lot for fueling deviations and because load never goes high enough we may not be able to see a leak. I suggest to check both the silicone couplers going from the turbo to TMIC and then from the TMIC to the throttle body to see if there's any obvious problem there (cracks in the hoses, missing clamps, popped hoses, and so on).
A while ago I started tuning a car which a clogged cat and the problem was that it would not boost past like 8-10PSI, but not at all sounds like a totally different issue.
And your car is not in limp mode either because we'd not see WGDC going so high (the limp mode load limits are around 1).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Belo1301

Post by Belo1301 »

Im going to check tomorrow
Belo1301

Post by Belo1301 »

Resolved everything with a downpipe. The first cat got destroyed and clogged the second one so that was the problem.
Stinow

Post by Stinow »

mituc wrote: April 16th, 2022, 5:24 am Your theory may be correct, it fits the symptoms.
However, because the factory tune (and the OTS tunes are based on it) compensates quite a lot for fueling deviations and because load never goes high enough we may not be able to see a leak. I suggest to check both the silicone couplers going from the turbo to TMIC and then from the TMIC to the throttle body to see if there's any obvious problem there (cracks in the hoses, missing clamps, popped hoses, and so on).
A while ago I started tuning a car which a clogged cat and the problem was that it would not boost past like 8-10PSI, but not at all sounds like a totally different issue.
And your car is not in limp mode either because we'd not see WGDC going so high (the limp mode load limits are around 1).
Yesterday I installed a new FMIC (had a TMIC). Noticed that about 4 rubbers were quite short en didnt fit well. Did a testdrive and after 5 mins the car would stutter a lot and barely able to drive a descent speed.

Will buy longer rubber couplers now for sure after reading this Mituc