BCS DC boost control

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
amiara

BCS DC boost control

Post by amiara »

Hi

There is a table in Boost Control section called " BCS DC base extended" it says this table increases boost! i wanna know how much i can play around with these values here? i am running Base High load RON98 map. I'd like to increase the boost up at 3500 rpm to 4500 rpm. What is the safe multiplier value for this table? it also says i have to increase load target if i change this table.

Thanks for tips. :bouncinggrins :beertoast :beertoast :beertoast
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: BCS DC boost control

Post by mituc »

No, that table does not increase boost. It will most likely increase the frequency of boost spikes and the amount of corrections the ECU will have to make to hit the right load target or to keep boost under certain limits, but the actual usable boost will NOT increase.
It's actually a better idea to leave the values in that table a bit under the required values and let the ECU increase it as part of the correction process rather than having the ECU to decrease it.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
amiara

Post by amiara »

Ok thanks. Then the table information should be updated
I dont really feel much difference between High load base map vs. Base map EU98. It says " significantly increased boost" vs. " moderately increased boost"
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The difference between the base and the high load is not big but still significant.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP