LF Tune with HPFP, Corksport SRI 2.5" + TMIC and a DP with cat

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Stinow

LF Tune with HPFP, Corksport SRI 2.5" + TMIC and a DP with cat

Post by Stinow »

Hi all!

I'm pretty new here and also to the tuning world.

This week I have my MPS 6 prepared with a HPFP with upgraded internals, the Corksport Short Ram Intake (2.5" i believe), the Corksport TMIC and a custom downpipe with sportcat.

Because of this I bought Versatune (lite) yesterday. Does anyone have a descent TUNE I can use for this setup? I do not want the max out of my car; I use it as a daily driver; but some (30 hp?) extra would be awesome :drive .

Thanks in advance!
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: LF Tune with HPFP, Corksport SRI 2.5" + TMIC and a DP with cat

Post by mituc »

Just use the high load tune, it will add quite a bit of power. Do not worry, you will not max out the car until you use a pretty big turbo.
Because you are using the Lite version you can only use the OTS tunes or the tunes created by Versatuner-approved professional tuners.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Stinow

Post by Stinow »

mituc wrote: December 19th, 2022, 5:54 am Just use the high load tune, it will add quite a bit of power. Do not worry, you will not max out the car until you use a pretty big turbo.
Because you are using the Lite version you can only use the OTS tunes or the tunes created by Versatuner-approved professional tuners.
Hi! Thanks. Is that the best option? Because it says for stock DP?

I was looking at the Base 93US_98EU Octane with High Flow Down Pipe; or shouldn't I use that because of the sportcat I have?

Cheers!
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

You will be fine with the high load as well as with the base for high flow DP. The later will give you a bit less power/torque (less boost and less timing). Since you have pump internals either are fine for your setup though.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Stinow

Post by Stinow »

Thx Mituc for the very clear explanation :cool .

The downpipe hasn't been installed yet, but I drove a little bit and LOVE the better turbo sound with the SRI from Corksport :bigeyepop .

Looking to putting the tune on the car. I made an export of some stats that I think are usefull. Does it look ok as it is? (before putting on the new tune), or should I check some other graphs before doing it?

Thank you!

(and have good holidays)

Update: Ofcourse had to add the current file ;)
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(78.86 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The log you took will not reveal anything about the health status of the car/engine. It can be barely used to a MAF calibration and that;s about it. But usually if it feels good it is indeed good.
To be honest I have no idea what are you waiting for to put on the new tune :)
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stinow

Post by Stinow »

mituc wrote: December 26th, 2022, 3:02 am [..]
To be honest I have no idea what are you waiting for to put on the new tune :)
Just really careful not to ruin my car with a new tune :roll: .

Going to pick it up now, injectorseals have also been replaced, it's ready to roll :drive
Stinow

Post by Stinow »

In the meanwhile after running the tune for about 2 weeks:

- Got a yellow light after about 100km which had to do with a stuck thermostat
- After that got a yellow light about a exhaust flow not good enough (Google pointed me towards an unclean EGR). So I cleaned the EGR, but light still there.

Now switched my tune from the stock DP tune to the high flow DP tune (which I have!) and so far so good... :)
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Stinow wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:45 pm - Got a yellow light after about 100km which had to do with a stuck thermostat
Not tuning related. However depending on the actual error code you may need to look into a few things: if you got a cel from a stock closed thermostat then engine is most likely hurt even if it doesn't look like so, if it was from a stuck open then you're good.
Stinow wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:45 pm - After that got a yellow light about a exhaust flow not good enough (Google pointed me towards an unclean EGR). So I cleaned the EGR, but light still there.
What's the actual code?
Stinow wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:45 pm Now switched my tune from the stock DP tune to the high flow DP tune (which I have!) and so far so good... :)
Maybe the previous code was a one-time thing and it cleared when you reflashed the tune. These errors don't just go away from tune to tune because of the actual tune, they have different causes. So you may have different latent issues going on with your car.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stinow

Post by Stinow »

Hi Mituc, thanks for your reply! :]

The thermostat was open and with a new one, it was good ;).

The code I am getting now (or at least; yesterday before other tune) is: P0401 flow insufficient. I don't have a block plate and cleaned up my EGR yesterday.

Hope to hear your thoughts!

Stijn