daily driving issues (with forged gtx2867r)

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: daily driving issues (with forged gtx2867r)

Post by mituc »

pankrok wrote:There is injector duty cycle logged in this.
It was less than 90% so there is still fuel to come up to 95% where I set the limit.
It's not in the logs you posted. But if you say it was 95% then it's fine.

You only have these PIDs which are more appropriate for a VDyno log though:
Actual air to fuel ratio
Actual valve timing (°) - unless you're debugging something you don't really need this
Boost air temperature (°C)
Engine RPM
Fuel rail pressure (psi)
Ignition timing advance (°)
Desired fuel rail pressure (kPa) - you don't need this
Knock retard (°)
Manifold absolute pressure - Bosch 3 BAR (kPa)
Mass airflow (g/s)
Mass airflow sensor voltage (V) - you don't need this as long as you log the MAF g/s
Relative throttle position (%)

You should add instead:
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Vehicle speed (km/h)
Wastegate control solenoid duty cycle (%)
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
pankrok

Post by pankrok »

mituc wrote: It's not in the logs you posted. But if you say it was 95% then it's fine.
cant explain why you cannot see but duty cycle was logged - you can see in the excel file too

You only have these PIDs which are more appropriate for a VDyno log though:

Actual valve timing (°) - unless you're debugging something you don't really need this
debugging indeed , i was checking for possible malfunction causing knocking noise

Boost air temperature (°C)
Engine RPM
Fuel rail pressure (psi)
Ignition timing advance (°)

Desired fuel rail pressure (kPa) - you don't need this

that could explain problems in fueling and AFR target mismatching. also I can see if I have reached the limit of the pump

Knock retard (°)
Manifold absolute pressure - Bosch 3 BAR (kPa)
Mass airflow (g/s)
Mass airflow sensor voltage (V) - you don't need this as long as you log the MAF g/s
this is the only value concerning the air supply that is independent of calibration - i use this to see if i have been pushing more air when changin things (keeping of course the same maf housing)

Relative throttle position (%)

You should add instead:
Injector Duty Cycle (%) - have it[/b]
Vehicle speed (km/h) - why?
Wastegate control solenoid duty cycle (%)

I tend to believe that viewing in raw number format is helping more than when watching graphs

when I open dash I get info that polling is at 50.0 hz , shouldnt this be higher when using versalink?

I remember that obdlink MX is polling up to 100 pid per second
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Indeed, I was looking at the files in the .zip archive, the vdyno compatible .csv file has the IDC in there.

Vehicle speed (km/h) - why should you log it: sometimes you may experience different things and hit limits with the same commanded load at higher speed in the higher gears (which you can figure out easily if you have the speed logged and match it against the RPM).

If you do all your tuning in 3rd gear and max everything out: boost/load, timing, and so on, when you will go WOT in 4th you will have quite a lot of surprises.

As for the MAF voltage, once you have the MAF cal in place the relation between the MAF voltage and g/s is direct (assuming that there are no time gaps between reading the g/s and the maf V, which there are in real life even if they are very small).

Desired versus actual FRP - the fuel pump with upgraded internals can overflow the injectors...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
pankrok

Post by pankrok »

logging (or even just wot) with 4th gear or higher is a bit diffficult.
with 3rd gear I m just barely legal on the highway with about 150km/h , using 4th gear I m almost 200km/h at rpm limiter and so on - instead of applying changes in the tune i might be doing time somewhere dark :biggrin2

indeed load increases as there is more time to built pressure in lower rpm and boost cooling is different than what I see in 3rd gear (higher flow, higher pressure for longer time etc)

but 4th gear or higher i can only log partly up to 5000 rpm and lower - still barely legal :drive