Hello Again

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
Project_cx7

Hello Again

Post by Project_cx7 »

Well its been a while since Ive been on. Bent number 4 rod, I got lucky and it didnt go through the block or the screw up the cylinder. So I did a full rebuild. Bored out to 88 mm Wiseco pistons, with Manley H-Beam Rods, King Bearings, BSD. and a whole bunch of other things. Then after the built. The rear main seal was leaking. So the motor came out again. Installed a new seal, put the motor back in. RMS leaked again. Pulled the motor a 3rd time. installed the rear main seal again. But this time i pulled the oil pan, installed the seal installed the pan, and waited 24 hrs. Now no leaks so far.

So now Im still having the same issue with my tune. I attached my tune.
Attachments
Gem Dysart 9 v1.09.zip
(50.22 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
2007 Mazda CX-7. Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco 88 mm pistons, King racing bearings, balance the crankshaft, bosch 3 bar map sensor, removed VTCS and egr, JB OCC, JB 3.5 inch intake, FMIC, Forge v1 BPV, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch catless DP.
DJJUT

Re: Hello Again

Post by DJJUT »

Hi there,

Unfortunately I cannot view your tune......... I take it you still have the issue of bouncing boost? (I assume this based on previous posts). Do you have a log to show what is happening at all?
440whp MPS6, GTX3582 & meth injection! :burnrubber
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Project_cx7 wrote:So now Im still having the same issue with my tune. I attached my tune.
What is the issue that you have? Do you have a log showing issue happening?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I took a loot at your tune...
I'm not sure commanding so small WGDC at low RPM results in any good, especially since the incremental BCS DC adjustments based on load is 0 so there is not going to be any move towards getting the load/power you aim for.

The load targets also look as weird as they could... why would someone command 1.69 at 2000 and then 1.61 at 2250, and then later1.737 at 2500, 1.6 at 3000, and 2 at 3500? This makes absolutely no sense in any scenario one can think of unless you're trying to tune your car into a swinger :)
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

++
In the absolute limits section the throttle reduction boost limit is the same as the fuel cut boost limit. The unkn rev limit out of which at least one is the cold engine rev limit and the other one may be the neutral rev limit were raised from 5500 to 6700.
Boost control adjustment based on the battery voltage (the EBCS is an electronic valve, so it's sensitive to voltage variations) were zeroed out for absolutely no reason.
Max injector duty cycle set to 120%. WOW! You'll never reach that without a big turbo (GTX3076 or larger) but still.
Knock AFR tables leaned out. WOT AFR tables are the same knock or no knock.
APP requested load knock table also the same as the normal/overload when no knock is present. Same for the knock DBW.
Also the VVT in the low load low RPM situations is made more aggressive for some reason.

Not sure who is tuning you, but I'm telling you that your tuner is not as wise as you think. I hope you didn't have this tune on your car when you bent that rod, because if you did it may explain it.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

I did have that last tune in my car. Well $hit. Now im pissed. But now i have a built block. Definitely going to get a new tuner. I attached my last 2 logs.

Man I really need to learn how to tune my car.
Attachments
gen dysart log 9.2csv.csv
(18.29 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
gen dysart log 9.csv
(10.92 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
2007 Mazda CX-7. Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco 88 mm pistons, King racing bearings, balance the crankshaft, bosch 3 bar map sensor, removed VTCS and egr, JB OCC, JB 3.5 inch intake, FMIC, Forge v1 BPV, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch catless DP.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

At the power level that your car is making that engine would have been good for quite a while, of course until the well known and usual issues would have caught from behind (tuned or not, piston rings contamination and ringland cracking without preventive maintenance).

However, what is the issue we're looking at more specifically? I can only see quite a bit of boost (therefore airflow) oscillation, otherwise the timing and all other parameters look about right considering.
So at this point your tune needs a bit of work in the BCS DC load compensation tables and of course needs addressing those tables which make it pretty dangerous at this point.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

Well i went with a different tuner. Now im going with is Dizzy. So far so good. We are on my second map.