Sensor Calibration

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
dam1562100

Sensor Calibration

Post by dam1562100 »

I am about to install a Bosch 3.5 Map sensor. I understand A: 75, B: 1, OS: -12.5. What I am a little confused about is the settings under Sensor Calibration. Here is my question. Map Scale Additive should be changed to -12.5, Map Scale Base Multiplier should change to 75, and Map scale Second Multiplier should change to 1. I am not 100% sure that I am correct so the rule is to stop and find out. I have changed the dashboard to Bosch 3.5 Bar. Am I correct or off on my thinking?

I also am installing a JBR three port EBCS and read a post from VersaTuner that states to reduce the BCS DC base by 30%, easy to understand and do. Is this still a good starting point for the tune?

Below is what i have done to the car, or am about to do. like the program, just adding this gave the car good pick-up. Not planning on going crazy with it but I do so like the way it will blast through a hole in traffic :-)

2008 Mazda CX-7

ETS inter-cooler, Adjustable BOV, BNR Stage 2 Turbo, JBR 3-Port EBCS, Bosch 3.5 T-MAP, CPE Nviscid Turbo inlet pipe, 3 " Performance Exhaust Manifold, 3" Custom Performance cold air intake
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Sensor Calibration

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

You are absolutely right. Additive -12.5, base multiplier 75, second multiplier 1.
I am not familiar with tuning for the 3 port boost solenoid, perhaps someone else can chime in.
dam1562100

Post by dam1562100 »

Thanks, that is the question that i wanted the most. On the 3 port I will just start of at part throttle until i know where I am at. 30% reduction should be safe at part throttle.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Usually the 3port will react a bit faster than the 2port so when tuning for it you will have to give it less WGDC for the same rpm/load points.
It's safer to start with conservative values and see where it lands(30% across the entire board should be fine) and how much wastegate is actually needed to hit your load targets, because with a larger and slower reacting turbo you may actually land pretty much where the factory WGDC table was, even higher below re around 3000rpm.

For the CP-e 3" intake most probably you can find a calibration here: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f ... es-124734/
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP