maf voltage and maf scalar does not look correct

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
saint

maf voltage and maf scalar does not look correct

Post by saint »

good day everyone. seasons greetings to u all. have not been here in a while. I am currently having trouble figuring out why my maf voltages and maf read out do not correlate. not sure if it is a sensor problem that is causing it. below I have attached my logs I did today versus my logs I did in august. the map I used was the base map supplied by versatune, edited after first revision to correct LTFT. all I have on the vehicle is a cai, and larger top mount cooler.

at idle the car reads 0.65 volts but shows 3g/s. :banghead :banghead
Attachments
theo maf cali 2 v1.00.vtune
(68.22 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(75.71 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: maf voltage and maf scalar does not look correct

Post by mituc »

Ok, before going any further please start video recording yourself with your phone. Only after that road further.

here you are supposed to set up your phone recording...

Ok.

The airflow looks good to me. You did record near-idle engine speeds in only one log where you have mass air flow but not MAF voltage, and in the other logs where you think you recorded the MAF voltage you actually recorded the MAP voltage.

Also, what intake do you have? It certainly doesn't look stock but the actual MAF calibartion is pretty messy.

Ok, now post the video you recorded on the youtube and post the link to it here in a reply. :bouncinggrins
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
saint

Post by saint »

Thanks mutic... for some reason i did not see that i put in MAP voltage instead of maf voltage... dam that was thick of me. Had a look and sorted that out... will post some logs once i get some kms back up and running...

Why though does the car show stft's even in open loop... should it not show 0 once in open loop?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

It will not show LTFTs, but in will show STFTs.
Depending on how the tune is configured the ECU can ignore them or use them. In your case the short therm adaptation process is configured to continue up to 2.5 load and it's better this way when starting to tune.

What intake do you have? Maybe we can help you with a calibration if there is one already.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP