FMIC and decatted 1st cat questions

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
goo

FMIC and decatted 1st cat questions

Post by goo »

Hi guys, hope you guys dun mind me asking a general question on our cx7. I just did a fmic similar to altered customs size and piping route, decated my 1st cat. At first with my fmic, there was noticable lag which is normal cos of piping etc... After decatted dp, lag is almost gone maybe not totally.

Can i raise the load or boost to make up for the longer piping and larger intercooler? For example, i read above 20-21psi, the efficiency of our turbo is not there, hot air is blown, but with a large fmic, would it compensate the hot air blown from the turbo, cool it down to say efficiency of it boosting at 18psi at its peak?

My car tuned stock runs 0-100 8.9s... Now runs the same.... Felt like i wasted money!

Just a noob question.

Thanks!
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: FMIC and decatted 1st cat questions

Post by mituc »

You may need to increase the WGDC values in the BCS base table to push the turbo spool faster. However, if you read 20-21PSI consistently (not spikes - but if there are spikes you need to address those as well) and that's above like 4500rpm then the stock turbo is indeed blowing fire into the engine...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
goo

Post by goo »

Thanks mituc, actually it is holding at 1bar consistently, not matter what i adjust, i cant get it to 20-21psi. Except occasional spikes.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

The stock CX-7 K04 turbo doesn't have a lot of extra untapped flow. What tune are you using?