Just ordered my Versatune today

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
lildisco

Re: Just ordered my Versatune today

Post by lildisco »

I've been using sassimac's tune for awhile. I recently went back to stock for a dealer trip. I immediately noticed it wasn't a peppy as it was. The turbo didn't spool as fast & felt sluggish. There was a second or 2 delay in making power, kinda like heat soak.

I have similar mods to you, minus cai & exhaust. I also have access to 93 octane, but relatively stock, i noticed a driveability improvement right away. As a added bonus, i noticed a mpg or 2 increase.

I'm hoping to get a more custom tune, but i don't have the money for it at the moment. I know enough to get by, but not nearly enough to make real power. But i wanted a little more driveability & power & better fuel economy, which is what i got from sassimac's tune.

Hopefully there will be more us to share a knowledge base of cx7 tunes, kinda like the ms3 & 6 people.
torquemaniac

Post by torquemaniac »

Alpha Wolf,

You wont regret your purchase of Versatuner...this software is essential to tap the potential of the engine, and take advantage of the mods you will put on

Even stock, you can really wake up the car with something like Sassimac's tune (he gained 21HP and 44lbs/ft at the wheel)

I could not use Sassimac tune because of my intake and exhaust mods + the MS6 turbo, but one thing that improved takeoff is altering the ''close loop open loop threshold'' and ''close loop open loop transition timer'' tables

Basically those tables tells the ECU when to go into ''open loop'' (WOT mode)...

Changing those tables completely eliminated the hesitation felt at 2000rpm or when going WOT from a stop, however, this cant change the tranny behavior...you can surely use the tiptronic, but the 1st gear is aweful...you need to change at 4000rpm for the change to happen at 6000rpm
CX-7 beast : top mount Holset Hy35 / L2A intercooler / Aquamist HFS4 direct injection / modded transmission...etc
Alpha Wolf

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Just a note. Since installing my Versatune, the transmission shifts better. It does not go a 1,000 rpm past where I shift now. :wave

Still the best mod for the car. Wish there were more tunes for the CX7 auto though.
2007 Touring CX7
2.3 Turbo
Vogtland Lowering Springs
Custom Twin Muffler Cat Back Exhaust (All American Muffler Salinas)
Extreme Turbo System Black TMIC
Forge BPV
Nitto 420 tires
EBC Red Brake Pads