Emissions Recall

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
lildisco

Emissions Recall

Post by lildisco »

I just got a recall notice in the mail. It says that they have to reprogram the ecu. Will this effect how VT works?

I know that i have to flash completely back to stock & remove VT, but when i reload VT, it should be business as usual? It'll store the 'new factory tune' & flash my old VT tune back.

I have the extended warranty so if i need to take it back for anything, they'll do the recall, so i just want to be sure, thanks!

Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Emissions Recall

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Sorry for the late reply.
In this case you should follow these steps:
1. Make sure you remember what tune is currently on the car so that you can flash it back later.
2. Remove VersaTuner from the car and return it back to stock.
3. Let the dealer do what they need to.
4. If you want the new factory tune to be backed up, you will need to remove your previous backup located at C:\Users\[Yourname]\AppData\Roaming\VersaTune\VersaTuner\[VIN].bck
5. Install VersaTuner on the car
6. Flash the same tune you noted in step 1.

If the platform code hasn't changed, VersaTuner will work fine, however there will be no difference in performance, because VersaTuner always rewrites the ECU entirely, so it will not use the new factory tune. Moreover, we always try to base our tunes on latest factory tunes, so there's a big chance that it will already have the TSB.
lildisco wrote:I just got a recall notice in the mail. It says that they have to reprogram the ecu. Will this effect how VT works?

I know that i have to flash completely back to stock & remove VT, but when i reload VT, it should be business as usual? It'll store the 'new factory tune' & flash my old VT tune back.

I have the extended warranty so if i need to take it back for anything, they'll do the recall, so i just want to be sure, thanks!

lildisco

Post by lildisco »

That's what i thought. I didn't know where the stock tune was located, so I'll be sure to do that. Thanks Ugnius!
Alpha Wolf

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Just passed my smog check.
Just debating on whether or not I should both with this or not.... :beertoast :banghead

Thoughts?
2007 Touring CX7
2.3 Turbo
Vogtland Lowering Springs
Custom Twin Muffler Cat Back Exhaust (All American Muffler Salinas)
Extreme Turbo System Black TMIC
Forge BPV
Nitto 420 tires
EBC Red Brake Pads
lildisco

Post by lildisco »

Saved the old tune & the emissions recall tune. Took about 20 minutes, enough time for me to reinstall my TMIC & bpv.

I didn't notice much a performance difference between the 2 stock tunes, i only put about 100 miles on the new stock tune before i reinstalled Versa Tune. Maybe Steve or Ugnius could look at the tunes at some point.