need little guide

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
Hatem

Re: need little guide

Post by Hatem »

i checked the exhaust there is no leak so i went to clean the injector, didn't remove it from the socket just i went to clean it with pressure cycle as most people here , i believe pull it and clean it its the best way , but it worked for me , attached my last log after cleaning , my car doing better acceleration and better efficiency

attached the new log
Attachments
CX7g2-Full-Logging - 2023-02-08 21.12.15.vtlog
(12.72 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

Unfortunately after driving for longer time the KR has returned:(
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Post another log, let's see how it is compared to the previous ones.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

attached one which ready for me now , not same preset as before but i can run one new , i am really getting hopeless because of this issue , i have been informed to change the injectors and this is not an easy job for me , there is something maybe it can help to reach to a reason , i have changed the turbo 2 years ago and since then
when i deaccelerate as stop gas when my rbm 3000 it will drop to 2000 then it go slow drop until 1500 rbm
it used to ,,, when i stop accelerate for 3 seconds the rbm used to go 1000 once as idle to relieve the engine from pressure ( as idle )

when i fixed my turbo i cleaned the cooling and maf is there something missing ? as i know the oil was passing from the turbo lines pipe on that time when it get broken

i know its too much to ask but really i need someone to help me i love my car and i dont know what to do
Attachments
2nd gear.vtlog
(17.12 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

updated the log , seems now lower
Attachments
CX7g2-Full-Logging - 2023-02-10 19.24.45.vtlog
(20.26 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

At this point I'd try to tune the car for lower timing and see how the KR changes.
However in all those logs where you have high KR the AFRs go a bit up meaning that there's a bit of misfire happening, so more oxygen will make it into the exhaust. Since right after you messed with the injectors the KR went away for a while there's a pretty big chance the problem is still in that area. I do not think that you need to change the injectors, but you will have to pull them out, replace the seals between the injectors and head (if you don't have the budget for a set of Overspeed or CS seals then temporarily you can get the Toyota diesel injector seals, part# 11177-64010 at any toyota dealer), and also give them a good clean and test with this occasion. Even if you don't find a place to test high-pressure DI injectors (which is really hard to find), even a normal test will reveal if an injector is totally broken. It may still be broken and such a test not show it but it's better than nothing.
One other thing, since a lot of weird things started happening after you replaced your turbo, you should take a look at all the hose clamps AND ground wires that you have undone when you worked on the car. A lose ground can lead to a lot of crap terribly hard to diagnose.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

i would appreciated your support about the tune
you have opened my eyes about the turbo and ground lose and injection but turbo came first as all bad things happened after rebuild the my turbo , it was not replacement its rebuild one i will need to find way to test it
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

At this point there is no indication the turbo has anything to do with whatever your car is doing. Its job is just to push more air into the engine, which it does. It can't generate KR, it can't generate misfires. But things that were undone while working on the turbo can do this. Also if the turbo was bad for a long time and pushed oil back into the engine (via the intake or via the EGR) then the injectors may be clogged and that can also be a problem.
This is the reason why I was suggesting to start with the easiest things to test.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

i will plan for seals and for checking on injectors & ground wire and will update you
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

Hello Mituc
i have pulled out the injectors and cleaned and tested , also installed the Cs seals
unfortunately solved nothing , already flashed updated maps twice with same results
Attachments
CX7g2-Full-Logging - steady speed.vtlog
(134.75 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
CX7g2-Full-Logging - 3rd gear wot.vtlog
(36.96 KiB) Downloaded 64 times