need little guide

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
Hatem

need little guide

Post by Hatem »

Hello i am new here and new to versatuner

just wanted an experience person to read my log if there is anything to address , my car Mazda cx7 2nd gen
planning to buy stage 1 tuning before that i thought i might better ask and share my log

thanks
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(68.74 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
log1.zip
(57.84 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: need little guide

Post by mituc »

At this point it's hard to tell if there's something wrong with your car or you're just using the wrong fuel. There's a significant amount of knock retard (actually the maximum amount for that RPM) every time the engine goes into boost. This can mean a lot of things.
So I suggest to give the car a good servicing before you do any software or hardware modification to it: change oil, change sparkplugs with the right ones and the right gap, put the correct oil in the engine and the correct amount, make sure you do not have any timing issues, no weird obvious noises from the engines, and so on.
Please import this logging preset into your versatuner and take another log in the same driving conditions as the previous one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a38bfan7jem8x ... vtpre?dl=0 . Also scan for DTCs and see if you have any pending ones. Come back with more data and maybe we can spot something.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

Thank you for your replay. I am working on it . Will update as soon as make progress
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

Hello
i have installed hpfp and short intake also changed my o2 sensor and clean maf and map , also installed pre gapped sparks .026 and my car still running rich while tuning with with expert , is there anything can be done by tuning to fix it or mechanical issue
Attachments
3rd gear -v102.csv
(7.63 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Something is very wrong in the CSV file you exported/generated. Please add the .vtlog file as well.

P.S.: nevermind, I opened it in a text editor and I fixed it.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Hatem wrote: February 7th, 2023, 12:18 am and my car still running rich while tuning with with expert
Does your tuning expert see that knock retard column with values maxed out to the limit set in the tune for that load/RPM?
Also, how do you tell the car is running rich at 11.x AFR in WOT while not observing the commanded AFR? How do you (or your tuning expert) correlate the actual AFRs with whatever is commanded in the tune in a high knock situation without looking at the actual AFRs?

At this point it's unclear if the car has a mechanical issue or is using the wrong fuel for the tune you have. A tuning expert could guide you to figure these things out in minutes.
What gen is your cx7, first or 2nd? I can at least provide you with a logging preset to help you (or more your tuning expert) to see better what's going on.

P.S.: I apologize for the sour tone but I can't help myself when people pay tuning experts who fail to assist the user in diagnosing potential issues with their cars. Sometimes this is part of the process and one simply can't turn his back when a car that came in for tuning has some issues. Charge the end user more, or cut out some of the tuning sessions, but help him get back on the road safely FFS.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

Thanks Mituc and your tone mean you care , i appreciate your replay , i am working with e-tuning partner by versatuner , we couldn't figure out the reason of the rich and the reason for high knock retard
my knowledge about tunning is limited but trying to get more information so atleast i can learn what's going on in my car
my Mazda 2011 cx7 Second generation china/Australian base , with 235 BHP model , automatic transmission
Type of fuel 95 ron
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Hatem wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:19 am my Mazda 2011 cx7 Second generation china/Australian base , with 235 BHP model , automatic transmission
Type of fuel 95 ron
Ok, please use this preset and take a log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a38bfan7jem8x ... vtpre?dl=0
Considering that now we do not know the reasons for the high ignition retard values please make it in 2nd gear, from 2200 to 4500-5000.
At this point I can only look at your logs and not at the actual tune, because that may be subject to intellectual property of your current tuner. However, if the car behaves exactly the same way with any of the OTS tunes you used prior please let me know.

P.S.: nevermind, I just looked at the beginning of this thread, the car had the same issue in the past.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Hatem

Post by Hatem »

yes the issue was exist as the first post , didnt know the issue before installing the versatuner and the log in the first post was before any modification , just one note may help , i guess this issue has appeared after changing my broken turbo two years ago , there was a huge smoke before changing .

attached the log for the second gear
Attachments
CX7g2-Full-Logging - 2nd gear.vtlog
(20.87 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ok, so the fuelling is good, and by how it looks I do not think there is any bent rod.
So what's still on the list:
- a worn injector seal (or several);
- an exhaust leak;
- bad fuel.
The last one can be ruled out pretty quickly via tuning. For the other two you need to do some visual inspection. Can your tuner handle the tuning for ruling out a bad fuel scenario?
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7