CX7 VS 6 HIGH LOAD TUNE

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
wilzee

CX7 VS 6 HIGH LOAD TUNE

Post by wilzee »

Hi all, new to tuning, have got a JDM MPV, based on the CX7, I have installed versa, been running the base map for a few months, then did more upgrades, found @sassimacs tune which has really changed my car and much better but I would like to try and run a tune like the High Load from the 6 or 3 MPS.

My question is, on the CX7 tunes and on some of the 6 and 3 tunes there are 5 closed loop open loop app threshold sections but on the HIGH LOAD tune there are 6, and then 4 on closed loop open loop threshold but 5 on the 6 tune. I was hoping to copy them across to a CX7 tune so i could flash that, which one would i not need to copy?

5 on the HIGH LOAD tune is very much the same as 4 on the CX7 tune. should I just miss out 4 from the 6 tune and see how it goes?

My mods are HPFP, FMIC, decored cats, stainless manifold, 3 inch intake upto turbo, MS6/3 KO4 with an aftermarket CHRA, egr delete, HKS SSQV
JDM MPV, MS6 Hybrid K04, SSQV4, 3 port ebcs, FMIC, HPFP, decats, Stainless Exhaust Manifold, EGR Delete, 76mm intake upto turbo, 21 inch wheels slammed.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: CX7 VS 6 HIGH LOAD TUNE

Post by mituc »

You can leave the APP threshold table values stock on these tunes. Those are the transition points from closed to open loop, and on a stock car they should be where they are in the factory tune, it's fine. Even big turbo cars can keep those tables at the stock values.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
wilzee

Post by wilzee »

Hi Mituc, thanks for your response, it seems i cannot use the HIGH LOAD tune with my 3 port EBCS anyway, I may try to copy the high load with ebcs tune across.

There are not quite as many options for the cx7 as for the 3 and 6, it may be better for me to get an E tune done properly?

Its nice and driveable on sassimacs tune but its not as qucik as i would like.
JDM MPV, MS6 Hybrid K04, SSQV4, 3 port ebcs, FMIC, HPFP, decats, Stainless Exhaust Manifold, EGR Delete, 76mm intake upto turbo, 21 inch wheels slammed.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Please send me a message with your current tune and complete list of relevant engine mods, and I can take a look at what we can do.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP