Hello

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
Project_cx7

Hello

Post by Project_cx7 »

hey guys and gals. Im new to the tuning world. My mods are current mods are jbr 3.5 wide path intake, bnr 3s turbo, grimmspeed 3 port, 3 inch not catted, hpfp internals, 3bar tmap. im trying to recal my maf. right now the car wont idle.

can someone help me?
2007 Mazda CX-7. Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco 88 mm pistons, King racing bearings, balance the crankshaft, bosch 3 bar map sensor, removed VTCS and egr, JB OCC, JB 3.5 inch intake, FMIC, Forge v1 BPV, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch catless DP.
Enki

Re: Hello

Post by Enki »

Did you start out with a baseline calibration to get the car running?
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

No I didnt. I used someone tune that has the same set up. by sides the turbo.
2007 Mazda CX-7. Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco 88 mm pistons, King racing bearings, balance the crankshaft, bosch 3 bar map sensor, removed VTCS and egr, JB OCC, JB 3.5 inch intake, FMIC, Forge v1 BPV, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch catless DP.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Check this page out: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f ... es-124734/
Copy the MAF CAL for your intake and pate it into your tune editor under MAF Calibration1 and MAF Calibration 2 vectors under the Sensor Calibration section.
The MAF calibration vector values on that page are in g/s, so if you're using the imperial system make sure you switch to metric only for this operation.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

Thanks. A bunch. Im going to flash it tomorrow. is there anything I should look at before i flash it again?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I don't think so. The new intake will let a lot more air in and will reduce the pressure difference for the turbo. This may help build boost sooner and easier but it can also lead to overboosting if the WGDC table values are too high and the BCD DC correction tables based on load don't have big enough values. But I guess that's something you'll find out after you flash the new map and do 1-2 pulls.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

Man Im lost for words. I changed my MAF settings for my JBR 3.5 intake. I push the car back out side. still starts and dies. Got the car idling again around 2000 rpm. started to noticed my dp and my exhaust pipe is turning red. I started to touch the fmic pipes. One of the pipes where cold and the other pipe was pretty damn hot. turned her off. then took the pipes off. found nothing in the pipes. with one of the pipes going into the fmic disconnected, the car started right up no issue. reconnected everything. start up and died again. disconnected the outlet pipe of the fmic. started right up again. I was like wtf.
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

I noticed that my map was not right. I went and changed it too. 6.353 for the MAP scale additive, 65.88 for the MAP scale base mult, and 1 for the MAp scale second mult. going to flash that tomorrow.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

If it starts and dies it's the MAF cal rather than the MAP scale parameters.
Make sure you put the MAF cal in both MAF vectors if you have two. Also log during the startup, it will give you a pretty good indication of what's going on.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

Well what I did is used a tune that versa tune gave me. I changed the MAF settings. and went back to a stock Map with the stock map settings. i have a log. anyone want to look at it?