Impossible to hit boost target with meth injection

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
Mini Franki

Impossible to hit boost target with meth injection

Post by Mini Franki »

Hi,

I actually have a strange problem about my boost target and meth injection. Just for the info, my boost target are 16psi/3000rpm and 21psi/3500rpm(gtx2867r). Forget IAT compensation, i dont have it at this temperature. And, all my 2018 logs were done in the same day

Last year, all was good about my boost target and i had a stable boost on WOT(20.5-21psi). But this year, its impossible to get target and stability. The map is exactly the same. The difference with last year is a new pump(exact same pump) and a catless downpipe

Now, boost target are very worst. Its pretty hard to get my 21psi. I get my 1st 20psi at 4500rpm and after that still between 19.5-20.5psi(big variation). And i begin to peak over 21-22psi at +5800rpm. Its like ECU trying to compensate the WGDC for get the right boost target and that finish to peak too much at high rpm. So, i tried to climb up my WGDC of +10%. Result, no real difference

At the start, i was sure i had a leak or maybe the catless changed something. So i tried a leak test where my injection is, no leak. So i decided to try my old 20psi map without meth injection(i unpluged my meth controller. Nozzle and check valve still there). Strangly, all my target are good and boost are very stable(19.5-20psi). So, its not because a leak or the catless

Im out of idea, i really dont know what is the problem. I post here my log for help you to understand. There is clearly a problem

Thx for the help!

Wot 4 21psi meth 2017(high flow cat and 500cc): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qasCY ... SbVeGjFbA9
Wot 4 21psi meth 2018(catless and 500cc): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FDV9d ... GwSNA_jY66
Wot 4 21psi meth 2018(catless, 500cc and +10% WGDC): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TosYz ... sMJtPa1z8Q
Wot 4 20psi meth unpluged 2018(catless): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1trU7L ... 19dweivqja
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Impossible to hit boost target with meth injection

Post by mituc »

There is no boost target with versatuner. post your tune or at least the per gear load tables. Load 2.1-ish at 3k rpm is pretty good and still usable without wheel spin in 3rd gear or up.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Mini Franki

Post by Mini Franki »

THis is not a versatuner map, its a custom cobb map for my BT setup and i need a tuner to help me to find my problem using logs. Maybe i dont see something important in logs that can help me to find problem

But that still strange, last year, all was good

thx
Mini Franki

Post by Mini Franki »

Ok, i did another test. Finally, i got exact same log when i inject or not methanol

So, i blame back the catless because all log describe that. It's probably not restrictive enough so it cant hit target in low/medium rpm and try to compensate and finally peak in high rpm. I dont search anymore, ill put back a cat high flow
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Mini Franki wrote:THis is not a versatuner map, its a custom cobb map f
Well, you're on a versatuner user forum while you need a Cobb e-tuner.
You can always contact Stratified or Freek directly through the contact forms from their web sites.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP