Timing Tables

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
Kevin

Timing Tables

Post by Kevin »

I have a question regarding the new timing tables with the latest update. Theres a few timing tables i.e: timing normal,timing normal cl/ol transition or high rate,timing overload cl/ol transition or high rate,timing overload normal. The values are obviously different. Wont it be better to have all the timing tables have the same blended values as apposed to the way it is currently when choosing "New..." Under my tunes?

Smackin a GTI while on my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuned with Image by Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Timing Tables

Post by mituc »

When you create a new tune all the values are set to the factory defaults. That's why they are not equal. If you want you can create some kind of template with the defaults you want and whenever you want to create a new tune you just chose "Save As".
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Thanks, but i dont think u understood my question correctly. The timing tables have different values, whether oem or baseline. Normal & cl/ol transition. My question is whether those tables should have the same values or not. Which table is used for ignition advance? The normal and normal overload? The base map has only values changed in the normal tables, whereas the cl/ol timing tables have OEM values. Which table does what? I may be reading it wrong but i dont really know what to change etc

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

This is on a MK2 MPS

mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The platform doesn't matter too much, this is not something particular to the mk2.

The "normal" and "overload" tables should or can have the same values. I'm not sure when the overload conditions occur but they are signaled by the ECU based on several parameters/conditions (load target over shooting? something else? I don't know) and that's when the ECU is switching from one table to another.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

My concern is with the cl/ol transistion tables. I have no idea which table does what. It says the table is used with OL transitions but no timing is changed there. Only in the Normal and Overload Timing tables.
Arent the CL/OL tables suppose to be more involved with going WOT? Im sorry for sounding retarded but Im totally confused about these new tables. @Steve, could you maybe clear this up?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hi there. Still no reply about this?

DJJUT

Post by DJJUT »

I run with all my closed and open loop timing tables (normal & overload) identical and have not had any issues.
440whp MPS6, GTX3582 & meth injection! :burnrubber
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

There were changes the the timing logic in Gen2.

The normal table is used whenever the engine is in steady state operation. If there is a rapid change in MAP, or a CL - OL transition due to load or APP, it switches to the transition table. Once stable again, either in CL or OL, it switches back to the normal table. The net effect is that timing is retarded a bit during rapidly changing operating conditions and raised back up once things settle down.