APP and Launch Control (not working)

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
keridil

APP and Launch Control (not working)

Post by keridil »

Hi there,

I was helping a mate to install a VersaTuner Base 98EU map in his 3 MPS Gen2 car and I tried to show him how LC works. But it didn't, at all! I remember seen your Max APP thread so, may it be related? In this guy's car maximum value for APP is 69% only. Should I modify LC parameters to get it working?

Cheers.
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: APP and Launch Control (not working)

Post by mituc »

When using launch control make sure you press the acceleration pedal to the floor instantly, while the RPM is still low. If the RPM builds up and the APP os not above the desired value (usually no matter what you set in the versatuner software it is still 98 or 96%) then the RPM will go above the LC setting. So pres the clutch pedal, and floor the acceleration pedal as fast as you can.

I have the launch control RPM set to 2600rpm and I have to be VERY quick. so I know :)
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
keridil

Post by keridil »

Nothing, I tried a thounsand times! Flat Foot Shifting doesn't work too! Has anybody similar problems?
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
keridil

Post by keridil »

Nobody?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I guess at this point you should contact Steve/Ugnius directly to determine what the problem is...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Did you get this resolved?
keridil

Post by keridil »

Nope, I didn't, I tried contacting Ugnius by mail with no luck until now. Right now my friend is pissed off and decided not to use VT for now until LC issue gets resolved. Any ideas Steve?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

When you flash a tune, there is a series of screens that you click Next on to continue. Does the Tune Customizer screen show that LC is enabled?

What version of VersaTuner is installed?
keridil

Post by keridil »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:When you flash a tune, there is a series of screens that you click Next on to continue. Does the Tune Customizer screen show that LC is enabled?

What version of VersaTuner is installed?
Yeah, of course, I always checked it because first time I though it was my fault. Version is 1.8.10

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

LC/NLS is working fine on my 2011 MS3. What are your threshold settings? LC km/h, LC rpm, NLS rpm, app?