P0101 - Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
r-jscheib

P0101 - Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Post by r-jscheib »

Hello everyone.

Ineed a little help agani.
So i just installed BOV and shortly after istarted to getting the cod P0101.
All the hose conneted tight, i cleaned the MAF sensor.
Since i installed the BOV. the performance has not changed, running good , actually the gas consumption get better.
i running the ; 93 OCT STAGE2 CPA / CAI + CS RACE PIPE TUNE V1.25
Do i need MAF calibration?
i have attached some data log. its might help. I dunno im still nube. :)
PLEASE HEEELP!!

CHEERS.
Attachments
LOG with P0101.vtlog
(514.82 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
2013 MS3 , MODS; CS HPFP INTERNAL; CS SRI; CATLESS DP; RACE PIPE; BOV :drive
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: P0101 - Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Post by mituc »

I'm just assuming, so correct me if I'm wrong: you did get this code either after a WOT pull or in a rainy day (or after you cleaned your air filter).
Assuming you did not hit somehow the MAF sensor harness when you installed the BOV, and assuming you do not have some aftermarket MAF sensor, either the big air flow commanded by this tune got the MAF sensor above the voltage limit (4.9V) during a WOT or high PT pull or you had some water in your air filter which got to the MAF sensor.

The log you attached only proves that the MAF sensor is working properly.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
r-jscheib

Post by r-jscheib »

I think it's fixed 😌!
As I thought the ring clamp was missing and the hose was loss a bit enough to leak some air. I did a couple good runs , so far is good.

Thanks Mituc.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Well, every time you work on the car and get into some random issue one can assume at least the actual work was properly done. Having missing hose clamps is like having missing lug nuts after swapping/rotating the wheels, it's basic stuff that should never happen and nobody on a forum/group with technical topic would not assume such basic mistakes would occur, so it's almost impossible to get proper help/assistance on-line, without someone looking at what's actually going on.
So if after doing anything on the car some problem occurs then double, triple and quadruple check your work. The missing clamp could have caused the problem, or not. Remains to be seen. I still bet on wet air filter, sometimes happens with intakes with no pre-filter and/or airbox, especially when driving fast in heavy rain (if that was the case, or was the case for something similar such as powerwashing the car and insisting too much towards the hood openings).
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
r-jscheib

Post by r-jscheib »

Well . I was celebrating too early. The code is back again. I know what you mean about the clamp situation. I just got the car not long ago and find more then more stuff thet the previous owner messed up. Like ( TMIC bolte missing only secured with 1 bolt) WTF?
I have to check everything, it's just hard to know what to look for as I'm pretty new to this.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

r-jscheib wrote: April 5th, 2022, 4:56 am Well . I was celebrating too early. The code is back again. I know what you mean about the clamp situation.
Do you remember in what driving conditions the check engine light went on? Was it on startup, cruising, WOT or high PT?
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
r-jscheib

Post by r-jscheib »

The last time it did right at start up. There wasn't rain about a week ago. I think it might be the BOV , it's From Amazon. Right now I trying to reset the MAF sensor au hooked the battery for 30 min. And I will reinstall the tune. If it still coming back I will put back the old valve see what's happen . That's only thing I can think of. 🤔
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The MAF sensor is just a sensor, cannot be reset. If you want to reset the fuel trims all you have to do is to reflash the tune or disconnect the negative terminal of the car battery for 2-3 minutes (or 1 minute, just push the brake pedal a bit to consume any residual current in the system).
If the problem appears during startup then just log the start of the car: rpm, load, maf g/s, maf voltage, short therm fuel trims, long term fuel trims, battery voltage - at least.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
r-jscheib

Post by r-jscheib »

Will do.
Thanks again Mituc.