Opinion about my performance

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
bryaxx

Opinion about my performance

Post by bryaxx »

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. If this post is in the wrong section please let me know :D.

Quick introduction: I'm from the Netherlands and I own a mazda 3 mps from 2012. Current mods are a cs stage 2 intake + tip, autotech hpfp internals and 3 inch bull-x exhaust without resonators or mufflers but still with the stock downpipe+testpipe.

I'm currently running the highload +SRI+TIP map with some changes made to the BCS DC Base to achieve the load targets.

I was wondering if anyone would want to take a look at a 4th gear WOT log and my tune to let me know what they think.

Thanks in advance!
Log 4th gear WOT:
Data log - 2022-06-09 14.14.17.vtlog
(84.74 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Tune:
SRI+TIPtestfile v1.02.vtune
(82.91 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Tuned with Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Opinion about my performance

Post by mituc »

You did not log the fuel rail pressure so we can't tell how your fueling system performs.
The rest of the tune is actually the high load tune.
The log looks ok, although you need 100% WGDC quite early to achieve that load. Probably the turbo is worn or you're still using the factory BPV.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
bryaxx

Post by bryaxx »

Yeah I'm still using the factory BPV, just installed a downpipe today so gonna lower the wgdc table quite a bit to counter the overboost. I will try to make a log with the fuel rail pressure. Is the factory BPV that bad with holding boost?
Tuned with Image
bryaxx

Post by bryaxx »

Okay, i installed the downpipe and lowered the wgdc table. However this wasn't needed as i did some logs with lowered wgdc and the wgdc i had before the downpipe. The one i had before the downpipe actually still turned out to be the best and no overboost. Could this be because i still have the stock testpipe?

And also, do i need to do a MAF cal? As I don't have any intakemods which would normally need a new mafcal.
Tuned with Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The factory 2nd catalytic converter is a greater restriction than the first one, so adding a downpipe will provide minimal gains, possibly none.
To stay in check with emissions I always suggest to install aftermarket downpipe and test pipe and have at least one catalytic converter in one of them (ideally one in each, two in total).

Also, as long as you did not change anything in the fuel type (ethanol mix) and MAF housing diameter you do not need another MAF cal regardless of all other modifications.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP